Join for free
Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-05-2017, 04:09 PM

Re: What Attracts You To A Thread On A Forum?

Half the enjoyment i get is from never knowing what thread will provide interest, or amusement.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-05-2017, 04:37 PM

Hi

First and foremost for me is the poster.

If it is Artangel or Mups it is bound to be harmless, madcap and hilarious fun.

If it is Flicker, I am also attracted, just as funny, but in a different way.

Endless opportunities to produce a few facts to state the obvious.

I am drawn like a moth to a candle to Islamic Threads.

The rantings of a few who have absolutely no idea at all what they talking about, the delusional, on both sides, those who condemn them all and those who think that none of them can do any harm.

An example very recently.

The idiot with the knives in his bag arrested near Westminster.

Arrested and stopped in his tracks because of information from his family.

A very difficult decision to report your own kids.

The second lot, the big one, loads of arrests, still ongoing.

Muslim Enforcement Officers played a big part in that, in protecting us, at risk to themselves.

They are the ones who can infiltrate the Radicals, get into the Mosques.

We owe them a lot, yet we have those who would condemn them all for being Muslim and on the other side, we have those who would blame us for not understanding their Culture and failing to integrate them.

A Plague on both of them.
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-05-2017, 10:25 AM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
Where the thread title interests me, I am always happy to give an opinion.
Where it is humorous, I enjoy taking part and teasing people.
Where the people posting feel like friends I often post to support those in sad threads or, in amusing threads, I love to read the jokey comments.

I suppose , like Longdogs, all of your suggestions make threads attractive but I would like to add my own little reason....... I enjoy learning more about members personalities, from their comments & opinions.
Azz had posted more recently.... so I am currently psycho analyzing him.
That is my opinion also, bit late giving it I know, but was away when it was first posted.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-05-2017, 10:29 AM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Is it .... an interesting or quirky title?
The author?
You're just inquisitive and like to participate in all threads?
Knowing your post will make a difference?
Something else?
I post on a thread because it interests me, most of the time I don't even notice who has posted it. I like to have my say, it doesn't bother me if people see it my way, or not.
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-05-2017, 05:30 PM

Not much attracts Me to the Forum these days I'm sorry to say...but..that will change soon again I hope,
Suzuki Sue
Chatterbox
West Yorkshire
Suzuki Sue is female  Suzuki Sue has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-05-2017, 07:20 PM

It's normally something of interest or something topical or the past, but i hate politics so forget that one eek!!
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK
Rachel is female  Rachel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-05-2017, 10:59 PM

Originally Posted by tarantula ->
I post on a thread because it interests me, most of the time I don't even notice who has posted it. I like to have my say, it doesn't bother me if people see it my way, or not.
Originally Posted by May ->
Not much attracts Me to the Forum these days I'm sorry to say...but..that will change soon again I hope,
Originally Posted by Suzuki Sue ->
It's normally something of interest or something topical or the past, but i hate politics so forget that one eek!!
I'm of similar mind and I hardly ever notice whose thread it belongs to, nor the poster.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-05-2017, 11:21 PM

Threads on current affairs as it's always interesting to see other people's points of view, even though I usually don't agree with them! I'm really interested in anything that touches on history as forums are a good place to learn new aspects of historic events. So anything that stimulates reading up and researching interesting stuff. Would just be nice if people didn't get so personal about a different point of view though. No point talking about something if we all agree or you may as well talk to yourself.

Discussing different approaches to health is good too.

Love the photo threads. Some real talent here.
Gravitas
North England
Gravitas is male  Gravitas has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-05-2017, 08:31 PM

One with a shit title, like most on this site. Titles like, "Who", "Is it Really",
"Would You Believe It", "Where Am I",

And then when you go into the body of the o/p it's about turnips or something equally uninteresting.

Crazy man!
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-05-2017, 08:41 PM

Originally Posted by Gravitas ->
One with a shit title, like most on this site. Titles like, "Who", "Is it Really",
"Would You Believe It", "Where Am I",

And then when you go into the body of the o/p it's about turnips or something equally uninteresting.

Crazy man!

I really cannot why you bother to visit then, if "most on this site" are nothing "but uninteresting sh*t".
I certainly wouldn't bother if I felt like that.

Could it be anything to do with your introduction saying you have been banned from just about everywhere else, by any chance?

Well fancy that, can hardly believe it.

Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top