Join for free
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-05-2017, 11:46 AM

Re: If hot cars aren't bad enough

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
A boot is never large enough IMO having had a rear end collision I put mine in the body of the car where they are safer.

It's illegal for a reason for kids to travel in the boot so for me that's a no brainer my dogs are as important to me as my kids.
I am shocked that you regard a mere dog as important as your own kids, maybe social services should be involved!
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-05-2017, 11:48 AM

You do have some funny ideas t, my dogs are very well looked after and part of the family, my kids are lucky they are treated as well as them really. Many people don't treat either their dogs or their kids as well as mine get treated.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-05-2017, 11:54 AM

You do have some funny ideas t, my dogs are very well looked after and part of the family, my kids are lucky they are treated as well as them really. Many people don't treat either their dogs or their kids as well as mine get treated.
I am shocked that you would consider dogs as important as your kids, who should always be your first priority, even if both are treated well.
Cass
NL
Cass is female  Cass has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-05-2017, 12:12 PM

Originally Posted by tarantula ->
The most important thing is the safety of other road users. If a driver is distracted by a dog an accident could happen.
Other car users should be watching where they are going and if a dog is a dangerous distraction (according to you) that requires it to be locked in the boot then , music . cds, dvds etc should be banned and children and passengers should be bound gagged and shoved in the boot as well.

Common sense (if the person involved has any) tells us thats not going to happen so we can best train dogs children and passengers to respect the driver , make sure they are restrained and if anyone gets out of order pull over and disipline them.
The number of mothers I see weaving down the road as they pass offspring drinks or snacks or try to disipline said offspring while driving is amazing and down right dangerous..Far more so that dogs who are often in the hatch or restrained.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-05-2017, 12:16 PM

I am shocked that you would consider dogs as important as your kids, who should always be your first priority, even if both are treated well.
Well social services are happy enough to recommend us as adoptive parents for grace tbh I tend to take what people who have actually met us seriously rather than anyone on line.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK

17-05-2017, 01:30 PM

Well social services are happy enough to recommend us as adoptive parents for grace tbh I tend to take what people who have actually met us seriously rather than anyone on line.
Let me put to you a hypothetical situation. Just supposing one of your children and one of your dogs was in a life threatening situation;you could only rescue one of them, which one would it be?
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-05-2017, 02:03 PM

Let me put to you a hypothetical situation. Just supposing one of your children and one of your dogs was in a life threatening situation;you could only rescue one of them, which one would it be?
What a ridiculous statement.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK

17-05-2017, 02:18 PM

Originally Posted by clumsy ->
What a ridiculous statement.
Why is that ridiculous? Julie claims he children and dogs are of equal importance to her. I would like to know what she would do when the chips are down?
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-05-2017, 03:13 PM

Why is that ridiculous? Julie claims he children and dogs are of equal importance to her. I would like to know what she would do when the chips are down?
There is more than one reason why it's ridiculous, but one reason is that you don't know how you are going to react to an emergency until you are in such a position, and even then any "saving" would depend very much on the circumstances of the emergency.

It's rather like asking if your children were in different rooms of a burning building, which ones would you save?
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK

17-05-2017, 04:02 PM

Originally Posted by clumsy ->
There is more than one reason why it's ridiculous, but one reason is that you don't know how you are going to react to an emergency until you are in such a position, and even then any "saving" would depend very much on the circumstances of the emergency.

It's rather like asking if your children were in different rooms of a burning building, which ones would you save?
No it is a different question entirely! I maintain a dog is a much lesser species to a human, and a human must always come first, especially if the human is a child.

I see Julie hasn't answered the question, maybe she would have difficulty deciding what to do in the situation I have suggested, which is very frightening indeed.

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top