Join for free
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-06-2017, 08:59 AM

Re: Election Forecast - A sea of blue

I've just had an idea!

I don't like this general election result.

Can we have another one, please?
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-06-2017, 09:03 AM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
I've just had an idea!

I don't like this general election result.

Can we have another one, please?
Lib dems will agree with you
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-06-2017, 09:06 AM

Originally Posted by Realist ->
http://www.electionforecast.co.uk/

"Our model combines data provided by the British Election Study with all publicly released national polls, historical election results, and historical polling."

Ha Ha like so many of your posts Realist - complete nonsense.
Puddle Duck
Cheshire. UK
Puddle Duck is female  Puddle Duck has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-06-2017, 09:07 AM

Over the weeks, the Tory campaign has been appalling. Whoever directed on that needs to be axed .

There are also other issues to be taken into account. There is the young vote, ever hopefuls that University fees would have been cancelled as from this September. Remain constituencies seem to have gone to Labour, also the BBC has been pro-Labour all along, and so the campaign trails have most definitely been loaded in favour of Corbyn, with constant anti-Tory rhetoric from Laura Keunsberg, who after all ,is a Scot and a 'Remainer'.

Corbyn is now not going anywhere, despite the fact that many of his party MP's did not want him at the helm. So he has no place to be calling for Mrs. May's resignation.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-06-2017, 09:11 AM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Lib dems will agree with you
Well they should! They were the ones who wanted another Brexit referendum.

Now where's Gina Miller?
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-06-2017, 09:11 AM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
As predicted, a hung parliament.

Why the Conservative losses?

It has to be said that May was partly to blame. Her manifesto didn't promise several things that most people want and failed to even mention such things as foreign aid and any practical solutions to the muslim terrorist war. Then, of course, she dropped a b*****k with the fox hunting matter which I believe should continue to be banned.

Why the Labour gains?

Corbyn successfully conned the easily-conned young voters, who will now be under the impression that they can go to university for free, gain their Mickey Mouse degrees and go on to work as supermarket shelf stackers. It won't happen, of course, as no-one knows how they'll pay for it. I'm surprised that so many people voted for someone who has been in bed with terrorists.

On the plus side, the SNP (sorry Joe) have lost about half their seats, including the Salmon Man. The Fish Woman has probably turned to whisky to soften the blow.

Also, it seems that Cleggy has lost his seat and Tiny Tim can rejoice in his party holding a phenomenal twelve seats! I confess that I thought they'd completely disappear.

UKIP, of course, has made no gains but, on the positive side, has made no losses either! Again, their own fault for falling out amongst themselves after the loss of their leading light.

Interesting times ahead and it is now becoming uncertain as to whether we shall be ruled from Westminster or Brussels.

As I have said before, whatever happens we get what we deserve.

EDIT:
Well, at least I've done my part: Mary Robinson, our local Conservative candidate, has retained her seat.
My thoughts exactly JBR.

In my region, Devon, it really is a sea of blue .... apart from Exeter right in the middle which has a high population of students.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-06-2017, 09:19 AM

Originally Posted by Puddle Duck ->
Over the weeks, the Tory campaign has been appalling. Whoever directed on that needs to be axed .

There are also other issues to be taken into account. There is the young vote, ever hopefuls that University fees would have been cancelled as from this September. Remain constituencies seem to have gone to Labour, also the BBC has been pro-Labour all along, and so the campaign trails have most definitely been loaded in favour of Corbyn, with constant anti-Tory rhetoric from Laura Keunsberg, who after all ,is a Scot and a 'Remainer'.

Corbyn is now not going anywhere, despite the fact that many of his party MP's did not want him at the helm. So he has no place to be calling for Mrs. May's resignation.
Was there a Tory campaign ? I thought they spent last few weeks bashing Jeremy, fear mongering. That's not a campaign to win that's just going to highlight what a decent man he is because he took it and didn't respond in kind.
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-06-2017, 10:12 AM

also the BBC has been pro-Labour all along, and so the campaign trails have most definitely been loaded in favour of Corbyn, with constant anti-Tory rhetoric from Laura Keunsberg, who after all ,is a Scot and a 'Remainer'.
You must have been watching a different BBC to me!
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey

09-06-2017, 11:38 AM

Originally Posted by Purwell ->
You must have been watching a different BBC to me!
Indeed even a prominent BBC presenter said they were unashamedly pro conservative and anti corbyn.
Bruv
Kent UK
Bruv is male  Bruv has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-06-2017, 02:47 PM

Where is Realist today ?

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top