Join for free
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-06-2017, 08:44 PM

Re: 20 minutes until my appointment

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Life is far too complicated being a woman.

Man, decide you need a haircut, drive to town, find a barber with only a few waiting, go in, get haircut, go home.

Simples.
And having a 0-0.5mm is even quicker
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-06-2017, 08:46 PM

Originally Posted by Tpin ->
And having a 0-0.5mm is even quicker

I could do that with me dog clippers for you Tpin.
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-06-2017, 08:48 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
I could do that with me dog clippers for you Tpin.
I may be going one further...I may employ my BIC's....not sure yet.

Thanks for the offer....I may have to decline
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-06-2017, 07:50 PM

Originally Posted by Abbey ->
Glad to meet someone just like me ! Been going to my hairdresser for 20 years and it's a complete ordeal . Been going to the same dentist for 37 years and that also is an ordeal . This is just going to get a while lot worse as he's retiring this year and I'll need to get another dentist .
Worst of all is going to the Doctor and especially if a hospital visit is involved . Which is a bit weird considering I was nurse for over 30 years .

Was given a voucher for a massage at a beauty salon once and I didn't go as I couldn't stand the thought of it .

Like you I don't like being fussed but I will happily stoke and cuddle my 4 dogs anytime .
I can't stand the head massage either .
I take my own comb with wide teeth I hate those plastic brushes they use.
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK
Rachel is female  Rachel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-06-2017, 08:03 PM

I braved the hairdresser several times in my life always when people have 'insisted' that their hairdresser is WONDERFUL ....

No no NOOOOOOOO

Possibly, they have been good with lovely thick hair but mine has always been very fine, thin and dead straight.

'They' haven't a CLUE and I always came home trying not to burst into tears and hoping nobody was looking.
Gravitas
North England
Gravitas is male  Gravitas has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-06-2017, 08:28 PM

Originally Posted by Cass ->
With the hairdresser and I'm almost as nervous as when I visit the dentist.

I know my hairdresser I've been going to her for years and she is really nice but I still dread going.. Why?

I don't like going to the doctor or dentist either and I've only ever been to a beauty salon once and I didn't enjoy that either.

Am I weird? I really don't like being fussed, it suffocates me.
Yet I can spend hours stroking/grooming/fussing the dog!
I'd ask for an anaesthetic, if I were you.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-06-2017, 08:35 PM

Originally Posted by Rachel ->
I braved the hairdresser several times in my life always when people have 'insisted' that their hairdresser is WONDERFUL ....

No no NOOOOOOOO

Possibly, they have been good with lovely thick hair but mine has always been very fine, thin and dead straight.

'They' haven't a CLUE and I always came home trying not to burst into tears and hoping nobody was looking.
Think we go to the same hairdressers
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK
Rachel is female  Rachel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-06-2017, 08:44 PM

With the hairdresser and I'm almost as nervous as when I visit the dentist.

I know my hairdresser I've been going to her for years and she is really nice but I still dread going.. Why?

I don't like going to the doctor or dentist either and I've only ever been to a beauty salon once and I didn't enjoy that either.

Am I weird? I really don't like being fussed, it suffocates me.
Yet I can spend hours stroking/grooming/fussing the dog!
Originally Posted by Gravitas ->
Anaesthetic is what I always craved before ANY appointment ... anywhere

Even today, the word 'appointment' gets me feeling a bit edgy.

Oviously it all stems from childhood.

An anxious mother, having to rely on public transport and the worry of being late for school or ballet/skating classes/whatever.

These problems all add to our childhood angst and, sadly, continue into adult life.

I avoided the Dentist for many years but have no problems with that now ... the hairdresser ? nooooooooo
Cass
NL
Cass is female  Cass has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-06-2017, 10:19 PM

Originally Posted by Gravitas ->
This is NL we dont even get anaesthetic at the dentist, the most you get at the hairdresser is coffee..
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK

09-06-2017, 10:53 PM

This is NL we dont even get anaesthetic at the dentist, the most you get at the hairdresser is coffee..
You are joking?

No injection in your gum at the Dentist ?
How do they numb the pain?

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top