Join for free
Page 3 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2017, 08:10 AM

Re: Passive Members

I don't buy any of that, I guess some folks just don't like "Faffing About".
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2017, 09:01 AM

I faff about on 'ere most days,but can unfaff for a few days/weeks at a time...I'm def' not a serial faffer ....just depends on the mood I'm in...so to all You passive Folks...give faffing a try..go on ..You know You want to.
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2017, 09:27 AM

Best way to get shy posters to join in is hold a poll!
Everyone loves a poll!

1. Do you look in most days
2. Do you enjoy reading the threads?
3. Have you ever posted
4. Are you an alien

That kind of thing!
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2017, 09:37 AM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
I log in most days - just to see what's going on. If it is wall to wall politics and/or brexit, then I do not stay. While I appreciate the importance of such subjects the threads do tend to become rather heated and I have no wish to send my blood pressure into orbit over something I can do nothing about.

Sometimes I read through a really interesting thread, formatting a witty riposte in my mind - only to find that someone else has made it first and better - so I will probably not add anything to it even though I have enjoyed the read.

There are so many articulate and knowledgable posters in here that I learn a lot just by reading their posts.

We seem to be blessed with some very talented photographers in here and I love looking at their work. Nom's and Graham's amazing nature studies, and Mister-Oy's lovely scenery are all heart lifting - but I do not always comment because, once again, others have already said it all. This is where a 'like' button would be most useful.

This week I have been a 'hoverer' because I have not been very well. It has been good to just look in and see that everyone is still around but just not felt up to much constructive comment.

So you see, Spitfire, there are many ways/reasons for apparent passiveness.
I am hurt that you don't like my photos I post. You mentioned 3 member who do post so really good photos agreed.
So maybe mine are of such poor quality it is not worth putting up any more so I won't bother
Frankie1944
Herts uk
Frankie1944 is female  Frankie1944 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2017, 09:44 AM

Originally Posted by ruthio ->
Everyone loves a poll!

3. Have you ever posted
4. Are you an alien

That kind of thing!
I look in most days
Yes
Occasionally
No
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2017, 09:53 AM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
I am hurt that you don't like my photos I post. You mentioned 3 member who do post so really good photos agreed.
So maybe mine are of such poor quality it is not worth putting up any more so I won't bother
Ouch!!

realspeed's reply, proves you should never name specific members. Those not named, can feel snubbed and hurt at not being included in the accolade.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2017, 10:11 AM

Lots of us love your photos Realspeed, I hope you're joking about not posting them.
I'm sure no one wished to offend you or others who also post photos .
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2017, 10:16 AM

I loved your Caribbean photos realspeed, I wish there was a like button too because it seems a bit sycophantic creating a post to say I like that, so unless I have something else to say l just appreciate and don't post.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2017, 10:18 AM

Originally Posted by ruthio ->
Everyone loves a poll!

3. Have you ever posted
4. Are you an alien

That kind of thing!
1. Yes
2. Yes
3. Yes
4. Some might say so
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2017, 10:31 AM

Originally Posted by summer ->
I loved your Caribbean photos realspeed, I wish there was a like button too because it seems a bit sycophantic creating a post to say I like that, so unless I have something else to say l just appreciate and don't post.
Oh gawd, I feel sycophantic now!

Page 3 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top