Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-08-2017, 11:01 AM

Re: H.M.S Queen Elizabeth Is A Magnificent Ship!

What a waste of public money, one torpedo and it will sink along with the billions of £s of our money. Today warships are history it is all rockets now
I see even a drone can land on a battleship and no one notices, so what chance a torpedo?
The money would be better spent on hospitals over hee and the NHS in general
Even a US navy warship has been crippled with a collision and will have to go out of service for repair
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-08-2017, 12:07 PM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
What a waste of public money, one torpedo and it will sink along with the billions of £s of our money. Today warships are history it is all rockets now
I see even a drone can land on a battleship and no one notices, so what chance a torpedo?
The money would be better spent on hospitals over hee and the NHS in general
Even a US navy warship has been crippled with a collision and will have to go out of service for repair
Today's warships are not history. They can be out there stopping the baddies getting to our shores.

When these carriers go into action they are surrounded by lots of protective vessels which would be required to stop anything getting near, be it submarines or bombers.

On the subject of the "low spending" on planes, etc., we should remember that this is a relatively peaceful time. However, in the event of a serious challenge, I think you will agree that budgets will be redirected - as they were in WWII.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-08-2017, 12:25 PM

Originally Posted by Tedc ->
Today's warships are not history. They can be out there stopping the baddies getting to our shores.

When these carriers go into action they are surrounded by lots of protective vessels which would be required to stop anything getting near, be it submarines or bombers.

On the subject of the "low spending" on planes, etc., we should remember that this is a relatively peaceful time. However, in the event of a serious challenge, I think you will agree that budgets will be redirected - as they were in WWII.

So too was the 'fleet' down in the South Atlantic in 1982, but it wasn't able to stop a missile launched from an Argentinian aircraft which set fire to and sank the 'Sheffield', & Sir Galahad.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top