Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-05-2018, 10:20 PM

Re: Im probably going to pay for it tonight.

This universe comes with a lot of baggage, just like Santa.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-05-2018, 12:03 AM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
I'm in a terrible mess. My back is killing me with really horrible sunburn. Wearing a shirt is a killer and I'm at work tonight!
Had no sleep since waking up this morning either. Can't because of the soreness. No idea how I'll survive until 6am tomorrow tbh.

Poor Floydy .
I use Aloe Vera for any skin problems floydy. I use it for insect bites and it has even been used in hospitals for burns.
I keep 5 Aloe plants and use the fresh sap from the leaves, but you can buy the Gel from most chemists and/or health shops.
I know that's not a lot of help for you at work tonight, but might be handy to keep a tube at home ready incase it happens again. It's especially soothing if you refrigerate the tube of gel.
Hope you feel better tomorrow.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-05-2018, 12:18 AM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Poor Floydy .
I use Aloe Vera for any skin problems floydy. I use it for insect bites and it has even been used in hospitals for burns.
I keep 5 Aloe plants and use the fresh sap from the leaves, but you can buy the Gel from most chemists and/or health shops.
I know that's not a lot of help for you at work tonight, but might be handy to keep a tube at home ready incase it happens again. It's especially soothing if you refrigerate the tube of gel.
Hope you feel better tomorrow.
Thanks Mups. I always get some Aloe Vera to take on holiday with me. It's very soothing after it's been kept in the fridge. I'll get some on my way home in the morning.

At work now and I'm not feeling too bad as I'm on my feet instead of sitting at a desk tonight, and I have a baggy t shirt on so it's not clinging to my skin.
I'll smother my back again with after sun at tea break. Trouble is my wife put it on at home and it's not easy to reach the middle of my back on my own. Those big arms are quite restrictive sometimes lol!
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-05-2018, 12:21 AM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
Thanks Mups. I always get some Aloe Vera to take on holiday with me. It's very soothing after it's been kept in the fridge. I'll get some on my way home in the morning.

At work now and I'm not feeling too bad as I'm on my feet instead of sitting at a desk tonight, and I have a baggy t shirt on so it's not clinging to my skin.
I'll smother my back again with after sun at tea break. Trouble is my wife put it on at home and it's not easy to reach the middle of my back on my own. Those big arms are quite restrictive sometimes lol!

Don't forget good old fashioned Calamine lotion is soothing too. Good luck Floydy.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-05-2018, 12:24 AM

Don't forget good old fashioned Calamine lotion is soothing too. Good luck Floydy.
Thanks Mups.
I remember when I was young and got very badly burnt. My mother put Calamine lotion all over me after an ice cold bath.
I was in a terrible state.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-05-2018, 06:21 AM

I love the warm weather but I do tend to stay out of the sun, I can't bare sun hats and my hair ends up brighter than bright ...you can see me a mile off I light up the sky

I sympathise with those white legs MC we ladies use instant tan it solves the problem nicely.

Hope you made it through your shift ok Floydy and some of the burn has subsided
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-05-2018, 06:26 AM

That made me smile Mups! Calamine lotion is the stuff that makes your skin look pink, isn't it? I remember telling Floydy that he would look good in a pink shirt and he was horrified...he even put one of his wife's pink tops on to demonstrate that he didn't look good in pink!
Mel15
Nowhere
Mel15 is female  Mel15 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-05-2018, 10:29 AM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Originally Posted by tarantula ->
I have put my shorts on today, but try to stay out of the sun as much as possible. I spent far too much time in the sun as a child, often getting burnt, even though I don't have a fair skin, like my mother did. I don't want to tempt fate and get a sun related skin cancer.
It is a no win situation... You are told to keep out of the sun as it could cause cancer. You do that and end up with a Vitamin D deficiency, like l did! ]
It does depend on where you live

Up here we are advised to spend an hour a day out in the sun without sun protection as we get so little of it

I also take Vitamin D supplements

MC, I can so relate to the white legs. My arms always have some colour as I only wear t shirts all year round, but the other day I pulled on a pair of capri pants and my feet and ankles were lily white lol

I found the St Tropez shower tan sorts it out. Shower, apply whilst in the shower, just rub it on like a shower gel, wait 3 mins and wash off. No streaks and a light natural colour

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top