Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
merz
Chatterbox
Lancashire, UK
merz is female  merz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-07-2011, 08:59 PM

Re: Successful move!

So pleased you're settling in well Eileen and not long now before the lovely Leia joins you-hope the two of you will be very happy in your new home....
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-07-2011, 09:48 PM

Originally Posted by bobmielke ->
There should be a plus and minus key in Firefox on the top left bar. That enlarges the screen contents.
I found that, Bob, but when I clicked on the plus a box opened asking me about tabs ... and as I've never quite understood what they mean by tabs I did what I always do when confronted with a decision I don't understand.... do a Cancel and go back to where I was. When in doubt, don't do it is my motto! I would hate to get messed up on this brand new computer (I really miss my old Mac :sad: )But thanks for the info.
Cassie
West Wales
Cassie is female  Cassie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-07-2011, 11:23 AM

Good luck in the new place, hope you get used to the new pc too!!
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-07-2011, 10:11 PM

Glad you are settling in well Eileen

Re your screen size, can you take a screen grab and upload it to photobucket so we can see what you mean? To take a screen grab just hold down the CMD and Shift keys and press 3 (so they're all down at the same time). A screen grab should appear on your desktop then - just upload that to photobucket.

However, by the sound of it you have more desktop space and are just getting used to the new screen size (bigger screen resolutions means you can have more things on the desktop at the same time).

Is the text too small for you? I can show you how to make your desktop smaller (so stuff will look bigger) - but you might want to try and get used to it for a few days... as most of us love having all that desktop space

Ps, try Chrome as well - it's pretty good on the Mac
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-07-2011, 10:26 PM

Azz, what in the world is the CMD key? How to make the desktop smaller sounds like an excellent idea, but is it very technical ... you know me, Azz! I did remember how to get rid of that awful purple starry background that came with the computer and replace it with my old calming blue-with-contrails! I'm going to get really comfortable with the new Firefox before I try Chrome .....
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-07-2011, 10:29 PM

Originally Posted by dandysmom ->
Azz, what in the world is the CMD key? How to make the desktop smaller sounds like an excellent idea, but is it very technical ... you know me, Azz! I did remember how to get rid of that awful purple starry background that came with the computer and replace it with my old calming blue-with-contrails! I'm going to get really comfortable with the new Firefox before I try Chrome .....
CMD = Command key
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA

06-07-2011, 10:36 PM

Ah so, seems obvious! That key was temporarily puzzling on the new computer:it was the Apple key (pic of the apple) on my old Mac. Remember when you were explaining how to do things, Mags, and referred to it as the Apple key? I still have a lot of my old notes on "how to" .....
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-07-2011, 10:38 PM

Originally Posted by dandysmom ->
Ah so, seems obvious! That key was temporarily puzzling on the new computer:it was the Apple key (pic of the apple) on my old Mac. Remember when you were explaining how to do things, Mags, and referred to it as the Apple key? I still have a lot of my old notes on "how to" .....
You've come a long way since those days, Eileen
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-07-2011, 10:40 PM

Yes sorry - Apple key
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA

06-07-2011, 10:41 PM

Thanks to "a little help from my friends" ...... and you know who you are
And still a lot to learn!

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top