Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Zaphod
Lincs UK
Zaphod is male  Zaphod has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-12-2020, 05:21 PM

Re: Changes to UK Farming Subsidies as we leave EU!

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
I live in a rural area and the families all drive around in huge defenders . There is not a poor one among them re organic food i really dont care it’s really isn’t that much better for us and it’s much more expensive
As with any food it is about the taste.
Usually - not always, but usually - foods which are produced using traditional methods taste better.
That goes for a loaf of bread or a pint of milk just as much as a steak or a chicken.

If you have ever tried a chicken that is slow grown for example, it tastes just incredible - so much tastier than anything you can buy in a supermarket.
Yes it costs a bit more, but it's a small price to pay considering how the animal you are eating has been reared as opposed to spending it's like crammed into a building with countless others and never seeing natural daylight.
That is a bonus given how good it tastes, as is evident by the frequency that retailers sell out of them.

Have a look here for an example, but other places do similar and other meats too and you can buy them at the last link as well as at other places.

https://www.labelanglais.co.uk/

https://www.farmison.com/our-meat/po.../whole-chicken
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-12-2020, 05:57 PM

Originally Posted by Zaphod ->
As with any food it is about the taste.
Usually - not always, but usually - foods which are produced using traditional methods taste better.
That goes for a loaf of bread or a pint of milk just as much as a steak or a chicken.

If you have ever tried a chicken that is slow grown for example, it tastes just incredible - so much tastier than anything you can buy in a supermarket.
Yes it costs a bit more, but it's a small price to pay considering how the animal you are eating has been reared as opposed to spending it's like crammed into a building with countless others and never seeing natural daylight.
That is a bonus given how good it tastes, as is evident by the frequency that retailers sell out of them.

Have a look here for an example, but other places do similar and other meats too and you can buy them at the last link as well as at other places.

https://www.labelanglais.co.uk/

https://www.farmison.com/our-meat/po.../whole-chicken
Thats not entirely true. Organic foods do not contain artificial flavour enhancers for a start.

Just because its organic it doesn't mean to say it tastes better it just means its a different type of farming.
Zaphod
Lincs UK
Zaphod is male  Zaphod has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-12-2020, 06:04 PM

Originally Posted by Bread ->
Thats not entirely true. Organic foods do not contain artificial flavour enhancers for a start.

Just because its organic it doesn't mean to say it tastes better it just means its a different type of farming.
Please read what I write.

The second line:
"Usually - not always, but usually - foods which are produced using traditional methods taste better."

In my experience that is true - and I have quite a bit of experience in buying non-supermarket more ethically-sourced foods of many types.
That's why I and many others too don't buy supermarket meat or eggs and very rarely supermarket veg.
If I could source more and found it to taste better too, I would.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-12-2020, 08:38 PM

Originally Posted by Zaphod ->
Please read what I write.

The second line:
"Usually - not always, but usually - foods which are produced using traditional methods taste better."

In my experience that is true - and I have quite a bit of experience in buying non-supermarket more ethically-sourced foods of many types.
That's why I and many others too don't buy supermarket meat or eggs and very rarely supermarket veg.
If I could source more and found it to taste better too, I would.

The other side if this is that organic food does not contain any anti biotic treated meat. This means your organic beef can carry infections not present in non-organic stuff.

Tell you what though... organic wine is really nice. The sainsburys organic own brand stuff is really good.
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-12-2020, 09:05 PM

The other side if this is that organic food does not contain any anti biotic treated meat. This means your organic beef can carry infections not present in non-organic stuff.

Tell you what though... organic wine is really nice. The sainsburys organic own brand stuff is really good.
I have heard that antibiotic meat and hormone treated meat can
cause men to turn into a woman !!
Just thought ld let you know!

Donkeyman! 😁😁😁
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom

01-12-2020, 09:07 PM

Originally Posted by Donkeyman ->
I have heard that antibiotic meat and hormone treated meat can
cause men to turn into a woman !!
Just thought ld let you know!

Donkeyman! 😁😁😁

Ha ha ... brilliant !
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-12-2020, 09:23 PM

Ha ha ... brilliant !
Its true Bread!
Males have been known to develop breasts through ingesting
growth hormones !!
Im not sure what it does to women???

Donkeyman! 😁😁
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom

01-12-2020, 09:34 PM

Originally Posted by Donkeyman ->
Its true Bread!
Males have been known to develop breasts through ingesting
growth hormones !!
Im not sure what it does to women???

Donkeyman! 😁😁
Happened to my best man at my first wedding. He was a bridesmaid at my second.

A true story.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top