Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Fruitcake
Somerset Riviera
Fruitcake is male  Fruitcake has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-01-2021, 10:11 AM

Re: How many times!!

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
Never happened here, its such a safe neighbourhood, we all leave our front doors open.
Blimey, do you not feel the cold at this time of year?
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-01-2021, 10:13 AM

Originally Posted by Fruitcake ->
Blimey, do you not feel the cold at this time of year?
....I think he means, unlocked, my door is always locked.
Fruitcake
Somerset Riviera
Fruitcake is male  Fruitcake has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-01-2021, 10:13 AM

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
....I think he means, unlocked, my door is always locked.
I know what he meant. I just twisted his words for comedic effect.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-01-2021, 10:39 AM

Originally Posted by Fruitcake ->
I know what he meant. I just twisted his words for comedic effect.
I did think so.....you are such a “ fruitcake” ...great fun though!...
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-01-2021, 10:51 AM

I have locked myself out in the distance past but mainly because the front door slammed shut in the wind.

I think you learn by your mistakes so l always draw the ?latch back on the lock if l need to go to the bins, or if l am going to be quick.

When l go out, l always stand at the front door before l close it to and check l have the keys in my pocket to get back in.
Cakeman
Essex, uk
Cakeman is male 

29-01-2021, 11:13 PM

i walked into town before rather than drive as it was nice day brought few bags shopping and walked back its about 25 mins each way, anyway went to put key in door and it wouldnt fit ,i instantly realised i had picked up my works key. anyway to shorten the story i waited outside for 2hrs in the rain before my daughter in law came home to let me in lol moral of story ialways check now.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-01-2021, 11:20 PM

I locked myself IN once. In the bathroom. I have mentioned this before but I made the schoolboy error of trying a random key that I found in the bathroom lock, on the inside, with the door shut.

The key locked the door ok but wouldn't open it.

Luckily, Mrs LD was home so she had to pass string under the door so that I could lower it down out of the bathroom window where she could attach a carrier bag with some tools in (hammer & Chisel). Luckily I managed to get out without any serious damage, either to the door frame or myself for being so stupid.
Dodge
Kent, UK
Dodge is male  Dodge has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-01-2021, 12:51 AM

I’ve locked myself out.
....of the house.
How many times have you done that?

How did you manage to get back in?

Did you end up calling a locksmith?
Only once. I got a wire coat hanger from my sister who lived near by and used it to pull down on the latch. Luckily I was able to get my hand and part of my arm through the letterbox
paula
scotland
paula is female  paula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-01-2021, 01:31 AM

I got locked:: out one night...it was our anniversary, my niece was babysitting while my husband took me to a hotel for a lovely meal. IT was raining so I had my umbrella, after the meal I went to the toilet in the hotel put my umbrella on the floor ...flushed the toilet and bent down to pick up my brolly, the back of the dress I was wearing went down the toilet, got soaked, so we had to go home so that I could change, as we were going to meet friends for a drink , I made my husband walk behind me so that nobody would see my wet dress, when we got home, the door was locked , my niece had taken my children to her house, so I had to stand with my back to the door , while he went to her house to get our front door key....this really happened , I'm not making it up...so embarrassing...so my advice is...if you flush the toilet, wait until it stops flushing before you pick up your brolly
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-01-2021, 04:54 AM

I’ve locked myself out.
....of the house.
How many times have you done that?

How did you manage to get back in?

Did you end up calling a locksmith?
Never! Honestly I have never locked myself out, in fact I have only ever misplaced my keys once when I left them in the inside dead lock and couldn't see them because the door was open - never made that mistake again either!

I always keep my keys on me, never put them down they are either attached to my belt or in my pocket.

I do have a key safe for my kids because they often forget their keys and visit when I am away. I am not sure of the security/safety of a keysafe but its location is obscured.

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top