Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-02-2021, 10:39 PM

Re: You tube animations for relaxation

Originally Posted by Tiffany ->
Don't get many ads as I have an ad blocker.
That's all very well if you watch YouTube on a PC but it is almost impossible to put an effective Ad Blocker on an Android TV.

I have tried to transmit the screen from my PC/laptop to my TV but even that is not as easy as it should be. The TV has Chromecast and you can use Chrome on the PC to connect but I am trying to use as few Google products as possible because they know enough about me as it is.

Miracast is an alternative but that is not available on my TV (Google doesn't like it)

At the moment I can connect the PC to the TV via a HDMI cable but that is hardly convenient.

Google is all pervasive.

I am sure that they are putting excessive ads on Youtube to persuade/force people to subscribe to their YouTube Red service.

The problem is that there is no alternative to Youtube at the moment (I know there are things like Vimeo but they are minnows compared to Youtube)
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-02-2021, 10:46 PM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
That's all very well if you watch YouTube on a PC but it is almost impossible to put an effective Ad Blocker on an Android TV.

I have tried to transmit the screen from my PC/laptop to my TV but even that is not as easy as it should be. The TV has Chromecast and you can use Chrome on the PC to connect but I am trying to use as few Google products as possible because they know enough about me as it is.

Miracast is an alternative but that is not available on my TV (Google doesn't like it)

At the moment I can connect the PC to the TV via a HDMI cable but that is hardly convenient.

Google is all pervasive.

I am sure that they are putting excessive ads on Youtube to persuade/force people to subscribe to their YouTube Red service
Yes, they are and it seems the only way to get rid of the ads is to pay a subscription to Youtube premium. not cheap at £11.99 a month.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-02-2021, 10:48 PM

I find watching this therapeutic while listening to some of my all time favourite music......Make sure it starts from the beginning......

Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-02-2021, 10:50 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
I find watching this therapeutic while listening to some of my all time favourite music......Make sure it starts from the beginning......
that's a good one.
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-02-2021, 11:09 PM

(I know there are things like Vimeo but they are minnows compared to Youtube)
Vimeo is better quality production though....but also has a price to pay
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

16-02-2021, 07:03 PM

Google is all pervasive.

I am sure that they are putting excessive ads on Youtube to persuade/force people to subscribe to their YouTube Red service.

The problem is that there is no alternative to Youtube at the moment (I know there are things like Vimeo but they are minnows compared to Youtube)
I am still using my Roku stick and dare I say it, have had no problems. I previously had a Chromecast but it was forever losing the connection. You can add channels to Roku, some free some not but it doesn't stop adverts.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-02-2021, 06:44 AM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
I am still using my Roku stick and dare I say it, have had no problems. I previously had a Chromecast but it was forever losing the connection. You can add channels to Roku, some free some not but it doesn't stop adverts.
Roku is not available in Australia though you can get one on Ebay. All I want is a way to connect my laptop to my TV the browser will cope with the ads.

Chromecast is not only a device but a system. I believe you can get adblockers for Chrome but as I say I avoid Google products as much as possible because I am already using an Android phone, tablet and TV.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

17-02-2021, 12:34 PM

[QUOTE=Bruce;2039826]Roku is not available in Australia though you can get one on Ebay. All I want is a way to connect my laptop to my TV the browser will cope with the ads.

Chromecast is not only a device but a system. I believe you can get adblockers for Chrome but as I say I avoid Google products as much as possible because I am already using an Android phone, tablet and TV.[/QUOTE]

That's a shame. I would recommend.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top