Join for free
Page 3 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
Lady Angler
Lancashire
Lady Angler is female  Lady Angler has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-06-2012, 10:47 AM

Re: Nom-de-Plume.

I too thought it was compulsory to have a username but I prefer Shirley or Shirl as that's what I'm usually called on a daily basis.........
mesco m
manchester
mesco m is female  mesco m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-06-2012, 11:05 AM

Originally Posted by Willow ->
You have got to be joking! Facebook and Twitter have caused people heaps of problems. People have been stalked on Facebook by on-line trolls and bullies!
I said if common sense is used. If you give out personal information about yourself and post photo's, then you can expect some weirdo will pick up on it.
The Dog Lover
Watford
The Dog Lover is female  The Dog Lover has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-06-2012, 11:12 AM

My user name defines what is important to me but anyone can get my real name by looking at my profile. This is the case for most members apart from Willow who doesn't give her real name for reasons better known to herself.

Re Facebook and Twitter I wouldn't touch them with a bargepole as I don't trust their security one little bit.
Willow
UK
Willow is female 

14-06-2012, 11:35 AM

Originally Posted by The Dog Lover ->
My user name defines what is important to me but anyone can get my real name by looking at my profile. This is the case for most members apart from Willow who doesn't give her real name for reasons better known to herself.

Re Facebook and Twitter I wouldn't touch them with a bargepole as I don't trust their security one little bit.
I don't give my real name because I have no wish to be identified as I have made clear.
The Dog Lover
Watford
The Dog Lover is female  The Dog Lover has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-06-2012, 02:37 PM

Originally Posted by Willow ->
I don't give my real name because I have no wish to be identified as I have made clear.
You must have something big to hide then as I doubt anyone could trace you easily from your first name alone.
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world
orangutan is female  orangutan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-06-2012, 03:59 PM

Mesco did say, if common sense is used.

I find one of the problems with the internet is that people do not read fully what is written at times, hence often respond inappropriately. I have found this on one or two other fora, and it has put me off posting as I get too irritated by one-sided conversations!

Having said that, I too am ultra careful re photos or personal information in most cases. It horrifies me to see photos of friends' grandchiildren regularly posted on public sites. But I do think that on a site like this it is nice (and perhaps also courteous) to have just a little information rather than a blank canvas.
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-06-2012, 04:09 PM

I've been posting on Friends Reunited under my real name for about 4 years without any trouble. I realise that you have to use a bit of common sense but it would be a pity to become overcautious.
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world
orangutan is female  orangutan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-06-2012, 04:13 PM

Don't think there would be much point on posting on that site and not using your real name?

It's a site I've not been tempted to use, as I'm not sure I want to be found sometimes!!
Willow
UK
Willow is female 

14-06-2012, 04:52 PM

Originally Posted by The Dog Lover ->
You must have something big to hide then as I doubt anyone could trace you easily from your first name alone.
Unfortunately you probably could so I have no intention of using it!
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-06-2012, 06:25 PM

**Please note some posts have been removed.
By all means reply to a person's opinion or ignore their posts but please do not make personal attacks .
Thank you

Page 3 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top