Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Dalesman2
lancashire
Dalesman2 is male  Dalesman2 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-06-2012, 05:09 PM

Re: The "F" Word

Originally Posted by Mags ->
Corrie hasn't been a usual Wednesday viewing night on TV for years, it was changed to Thursdays
Ah well - when you have consumed as much Guinness as I every day feels like Wednesday.
mesco m
manchester
mesco m is female  mesco m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2012, 08:34 AM

Originally Posted by John ->
I'm afraid I'm going to have to withdraw that proposal, as I've got an axe sticking out of the back of my head!
I'm glad you withdrew your proposal because I don't think my husband would be too pleased and I'm too old to spend time in prison for bigamy.
John
Eastleigh Hampshire
John is male  John has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2012, 09:12 AM

Apologies maam. Got a bit carried away with a lady giving equal viewing rights to her other half. Made me quite tearful, but not quite as weepy, as when England came unstuck once again.
mesco m
manchester
mesco m is female  mesco m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2012, 04:41 PM

Originally Posted by John ->
Apologies maam. Got a bit carried away with a lady giving equal viewing rights to her other half. Made me quite tearful, but not quite as weepy, as when England came unstuck once again.
It's terrible to see a grown man cry. I had to comfort mine and make him a whiskey laced tea.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-06-2012, 09:14 AM

I'm with you Mollie, I have never understood why the English have any interest in sports, it's not as if they are any good at them
The Dog Lover
Watford
The Dog Lover is female  The Dog Lover has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-06-2012, 09:40 AM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
I'm with you Mollie, I have never understood why the English have any interest in sports, it's not as if they are any good at them
Have to disagree here as we have had many champions through the years. Sport is about real people working hard and doing their best to achieve glory for themselves and/or their country. No comparison to the poorly written and badly acted soaps. I can never understand my seemingly intelligent people watch such rubbish but there you go.
marpaul
North Cumbria
marpaul is female  marpaul has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-06-2012, 01:17 PM

I'm not a footy fan myself and I must admit I was annoyed at first about my soaps being shifted around but then it was quite a relief as it meant I could watch other stuff on the hard drive and when its been nice in the evening I've been weeding in the garden
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-06-2012, 01:22 PM

I've been amusing myself at night watching episodes of some of my favourite TV (mostly comedy) programmes on the computer. I'd forgotten how funny some of them were. This is a brilliant site where you can watch almost anything:

http://www.ytepisodes.com/
Jonsey
South western France
Jonsey is male 

28-06-2012, 04:42 PM

To be honest, I think I would sooner watch paint dry than watch these true to life soaps, I used to call Eastenders --- Depressants half hour --- now they are on twenty five times a week --Errr theyr'e NOT, well it certainly ruddy feels like it, not only that, but these so called fans even have an omnibus of them at the week-end, just in case they fell asleep during the actual screening, wowwww must be thrilling.

The World cup --- European cup ---only come around every few years, soaps only come round every few bloomin minutes, I wonder how many "soapies" are watching Wimbledon --- ahhhhhhhhhhhh thats different I hear you say, thats ONLY once a year.

When women get to a certain age life seems to slip them by and their only reality check is an infusion of the dreaded soap, sad to say but true --------------------- "Sorry Dear, what was that?????? turn my footie down as you can't whats being said in the "Vic" --- Sorry dear yes --yes Dear ---- right away.
The Dog Lover
Watford
The Dog Lover is female  The Dog Lover has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-06-2012, 05:07 PM

Originally Posted by Jonsey ->

When women get to a certain age life seems to slip them by and their only reality check is an infusion of the dreaded soap, sad to say but true --------------------- "Sorry Dear, what was that?????? turn my footie down as you can't whats being said in the "Vic" --- Sorry dear yes --yes Dear ---- right away.
Please don't characterise all women in this way because I hate the soaps as well !

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top