Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-07-2012, 07:24 PM

Re: John Terry --- not guilty

By way of a post script Jonsey (and while I'm still thinking about your post) - I was careful to say "some" (footballers) three times in the first paragraph of my post, so I don't consider that is making a sweeping statement about all footballers.
Hu99
Vancouver, BC, Canada
Hu99 is male  Hu99 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-07-2012, 01:09 AM

John Terry called a spade a spade (yeah, I get it) and is an indispensable part of the England team. Rio Ferdinand could be replaced with less effort than it takes to yawn.
Wrinkly
Fondly Remembered
West Yorks.
Wrinkly is male  Wrinkly has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-07-2012, 02:08 AM

In fact Lloyd , less effort that it takes to hug a tree.
anniemuldoon
N Cumbria
anniemuldoon is female  anniemuldoon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-07-2012, 03:16 AM

Wonderful Barry.
Jonsey
South western France
Jonsey is male 

18-07-2012, 08:09 AM

My appreciation of football players is rughly the same as yours Plantman, I think you meant --NOT --- pay them, as in attending footie matches, and thasts where I agree with you, I certainly wouldn't pay upwards of fifty quid a ticket just to see them.

To Aerolor,

A ;tree hugger" to me means a person, usually a well educated, ( hence "plum" in the mouth), person of either gender, who, in the case of wrongdoers, i.e. illegal immigrants, starts spouting off about the illegals human/ civil rights, stating quite catagorically it would be a crime to send them whence they came, the crime commited was them entering a country illegaly,irrespective of the reasons they entered a country, they broke the law, a law I would suspect in their country of origin, is a bullet in the head for whatever crime they ran from.

Another type of tree hugger is a person that spouts off aout a, lets say, a much neede new road going through a field / woods/ where the nearly extinct '''lesser spotted knatterjack" is living, the near extinct lesser whatsit is a bug of sorts. My arguement is, who had ever HEARD of said beastie until it was threatened, surely ones ease of living in an already overcrowded Island is more important than a BUG.

I hope now you can comprehend what type of a person a "tree hugger" is, but there, I suspect you knew that all the time, just that my "muddy waters" weren't muddy enough for you, and as for logic /// --- well you are a woman---aren't you ??????
Wrinkly
Fondly Remembered
West Yorks.
Wrinkly is male  Wrinkly has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-07-2012, 08:15 AM

Oooooooooooo Jonesy! you're in for it, duck if I was you.
Come on ladies don't stand for that.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-07-2012, 08:57 AM

Originally Posted by Jonsey ->
My appreciation of football players is rughly the same as yours Plantman, I think you meant --NOT --- pay them, as in attending footie matches, and thasts where I agree with you, I certainly wouldn't pay upwards of fifty quid a ticket just to see them.
Thanks for the correction Jonesy, I've now edited my post so that it says what I meant!...
Wrinkly
Fondly Remembered
West Yorks.

18-07-2012, 09:13 AM

And there was me Barry, thinking you loved football.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-07-2012, 09:25 AM

Arthur you really know how to hurt a chap...

Actually I cannot think of a single redeeming feature for the game of football. I hate everything about it, from the hysteria to the thuggery, to the overpaid spoilt brat players/managers/wags, to the showing it on the telly to the unending media frenzy overkill,.... you name it to do with football and I will surely hate it...

Clear now.....
Jonsey
South western France
Jonsey is male 

18-07-2012, 09:33 AM

You may be a moderator Plantman, but I won't tolerate such abusiveness being posted on here regarding our ational sport, please find your wrist well and truly slapped, and ladies I hope you covered your eyes when reading this diatribe, as I know you are ALL of a delicate nature and I would hate for you to drop a stitch. lololol

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top