Join for free
Page 30 of 40 « First < 20 28 29 30 31 32 > Last »
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-06-2014, 06:33 PM

Re: Trolls

Originally Posted by alice76 ->
I'd like something cleared up that I'm not sure of. Are trolls supposedly nasty people who lurk in the background, ready to start trouble? I've always assumed that's what they are. If so, then I've never understood the concept of that. What kick can someone get out of it?
They don't lurk in the background for long, they like their presence to be known. They are childlike - not in a nice way - but a bullish way .......
You will see they are easily recognisable, once you've been here a while .......
dukeofearl
south coast uk
dukeofearl is male  dukeofearl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-06-2014, 06:38 PM

Originally Posted by Pumicestone ->
Does this humble Aussie newbie DARE query a GLOBAL Mod with16,000 posts and 8000+ Profile visits ?

I just wonder how far those off-topic posts had wandered, how many of them there were and whether it was really essential that they go ?

In any normal discussion we often go off on tangents - and those are frequently more interesting than the original subject.
One can always return to the Sacred Topic at will.

Now I'm all curious about the pearls of wisdom I may have missed. lol
Very good post and my view, let the threads stay on topic and dry up as they become repetitive and boring. I for one will not bother wasting my time trying to put a little input in to keep them going even if slightly off topic.
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-06-2014, 06:46 PM

Originally Posted by Patsy ->
They don't lurk in the background for long, they like their presence to be known. They are childlike - not in a nice way - but a bullish way .......
You will see they are easily recognisable, once you've been here a while .......
Well I know exactly what you mean as I've been on two sites already and yes, they have always come out in the open. I was enjoying the last site and actually was made to feel intimidated by the moderator. I was sickened by that and chose to leave. So, it's not just members who do it. White stilletoed moderators do it to ( I never quite understood why a mod would have a post of their feet......)
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-06-2014, 06:50 PM

Well I know exactly what you mean as I've been on two sites already and yes, they have always come out in the open. I was enjoying the last site and actually was made to feel intimidated by the moderator. I was sickened by that and chose to leave. So, it's not just members who do it. White stilletoed moderators do it to ( I never quite understood why a mod would have a post of their feet......)
Oooer - strange for sure - best out of it, you will find this forum very different, really good mods and Admin
Boozercruiser
Chatterbox
Wales
Boozercruiser is male  Boozercruiser has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-06-2014, 07:33 PM

I sympathies with what you say there Alice.
Give some people a bit of power, and they just have to chuck this around and abuse it.

I remember one little toe rag on Saggy before it went belly up.
He used to have an avatar of a policeman with a truncheon.

Says it all really doesn't it

My bet is that he is on some other forum being an uncalled for interfering little twit.
He doesn't appear to be on this particular forum though, thank goodness.
Pats
Lincolnshire
Pats is female  Pats has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-06-2014, 07:53 PM

In Internet slang, a troll is a person who sows discord on the Internet by starting arguments or upsetting people, by posting inflammatory, extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community, either accidentally or with the deliberate intent of provoking readers into an emotional response .
dukeofearl
south coast uk
dukeofearl is male  dukeofearl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-06-2014, 08:49 PM

Originally Posted by Pats ->
In Internet slang, a troll is a person who sows discord on the Internet by starting arguments or upsetting people, by posting inflammatory, extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community, either accidentally or with the deliberate intent of provoking readers into an emotional response .
Yes thank you, that life sustaining information is so important in my real life. Then being a mod yourself I guess it represents the rules of life as brought down the mountain carved in stone by Bill Gates.
dukeofearl
south coast uk

30-06-2014, 08:52 PM

Originally Posted by dukeofearl ->
Yes thank you, that life sustaining information is so important in my real life. Then being a mod yourself I guess it represents the rules of life as brought down the mountain carved in stone by Bill Gates.
Well the poor lady in the shoes is getting a lot of stick of late which surprises me, did you pay her any money.
By chance BC was once madly in love with her
Pats
Lincolnshire
Pats is female  Pats has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-06-2014, 09:13 PM

Originally Posted by dukeofearl ->
Yes thank you, that life sustaining information is so important in my real life.
And it may also be in others.
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-06-2014, 09:35 PM

What do you want - utter banality and tediousness or have someone willing to breathe a little life in to the place?

Trolls and WUMs rock .

Page 30 of 40 « First < 20 28 29 30 31 32 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top