Join for free
Page 31 of 255 « First < 21 29 30 31 32 33 41 81 131 > Last »
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-05-2016, 07:15 AM

Re: OFF slimming club---open to everyone.

Hope you are both feeling better today.

I am still being good and sugar levels are also good.

Breakfast: 2 slices of Toast, butter.
Dinner: Fresh Salmon Steak, New Pots. Cabbage & Carrots.
Supper: Soup.
mariana
Kent. Uk.
mariana is female  mariana has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-05-2016, 09:13 AM

Hi Susie----yes, I am a Gemini !!!! I did a load of card making, but have lost the incentive now--just trying to sell all my card making equipment, bit by bit.
I used to make some very detailed cross stitch pictures etc, but cannot see so well now. I have made a patchwork quilt--by hand ! But mostly now i knit and crochet---I make a lot of things for charities--like our local homeless society---i am working on a project for the church right now. I love making crochet diagonal lap blankets--made about a dozen so far---just made one for the vicars wife, who won it an auction of promises.
I volunteered to teach special needs adults how to make cards, knit and crochet for 3 years--loved doing that . I now run 2 Learn to crochet groups, under the U3A. Plus bellong to 3 different craft groups !!

Well--you did ask !!!!
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-05-2016, 09:20 AM

Mornin all You crafty Folk,..I gave up knitting when the Kids/G/Kids grew up,and don't have the patience for it any more,

B/fast..half grapefruit,beans on toast,
Lunch..lentil/carrot soup,yogurt/blueberries
Tandoori chicken drumsticks,salad.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-05-2016, 09:37 AM

Mariana, where were the pains you had when you were feeling sick? In your belly? Upper right towards rib cage? etc
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-05-2016, 09:56 AM

I had a bloodtest the other week and my cholesterol has gone up to 6.9 and even l am shocked but is it any wonder with the cream doughnuts and fish and chips l have been eating lately.
My doctor has said, l need to lose half a stone in 8 weeks. As my BMI has gone over 30 he has referred me to a 'Fitter Futures' programme. I have been given a voucher for 12weeks at Slimmers World and an instructor from the local gym will be getting in touch with me.
What am l dreading? Having to wear trainers which l hate!!
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-05-2016, 11:46 AM

You'll do fine Angel. 7lbs should be easy. Just get plenty of fruit and veg and get some good meat from a decent farm shop. Leave out the spuds. Just eat a little meat and cooked veg for dinner each night.

Lately we've been doing this by making a simple ratatouille. Just throwing baby tomatoes in a pan, with chopped courgettes, garlic, a bell pepper, one chopped leek, and some chopped stringless beans. A little water in the bottom of the pan to create steam and a good sprinkle of Oregano. With a lid on the pan, I just cook it slowly.

We have that quite a number of nights and just vary the meat we have with it. Often a chicken breast sprinkled with cajun spices cooked in the oven in a foil package with white wine. Easy to do. Or simple grilled pork chops or a steak.

Just simple food, from raw ingredients cooked yourself. That alone will see you lose lbs imo.

Anyways good luck.
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-05-2016, 02:15 PM

Mariana I knew you were a Gemini, just like me.

You will be fine Angel, the fitness instructor will only go as far as you can. You do need to get your cholesterol number down a bit. I'm very lucky my cholesterol has always been quite low, it's at the moment 4.6, so i'm happy with that.

Realist do you not put any chopped tomatoes in your Ratatouille, I do?
mariana
Kent. Uk.
mariana is female  mariana has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-05-2016, 02:31 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
I had a bloodtest the other week and my cholesterol has gone up to 6.9 and even l am shocked but is it any wonder with the cream doughnuts and fish and chips l have been eating lately.
My doctor has said, l need to lose half a stone in 8 weeks. As my BMI has gone over 30 he has referred me to a 'Fitter Futures' programme. I have been given a voucher for 12weeks at Slimmers World and an instructor from the local gym will be getting in touch with me.
What am l dreading? Having to wear trainers which l hate!!
Wow you are so lucky getting a voucher for Slimming World-I did not know they did that !! Although I get reduced rate £4.65 a week, I still find it a struggle to pay every week.
My BMI is nowhere near as low as 30--even after losing 10 pounds with Slimmers World and quite a lot before--maybe I need to pay my doctor a visit !!
mariana
Kent. Uk.

25-05-2016, 02:32 PM

BTW Lost another 2 pounds this week at SW..quite happy with that...lost 10 pounds so far with SW, despite a slow start.
Linda0818
USA
Linda0818 is female  Linda0818 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-05-2016, 02:53 PM

I'm plateauing right now. Haven't lost anymore since my last weigh-in, but on the plus side I haven't gained, either. So I guess that's a good thing.

On forward. Maybe by next week's weigh-in I'll have lost another pound or two.

Page 31 of 255 « First < 21 29 30 31 32 33 41 81 131 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top