Join for free
Page 31 of 32 « First < 21 29 30 31 32 >
sue_arnold
UK
sue_arnold is female  sue_arnold has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-02-2015, 07:06 PM

Re: Judy Finnegan

Originally Posted by stevmk2 ->
I've not read through all the posts here so forgive me but I do find that level of media interest in this case well over the top to be honest.

The jury decided that the woman in the rape case was too drunk to give consent so the guy had the book thrown at him and he was probably legless too.

Stupid thing to do but people do stupid things when they're drunk - I did and I paid dearly for it.

A quarter of people on those Job Seekers allowance have a criminal record and ex-offenders are more likely to re-offend if they're out of work OK?

So where are we going with all this?

If he wasn't a footballer it's quite possible that nobody would have given a toss so are we saying a high-earner should get not only a prison sentence and a lifetime on the Sex Offenders Register but society should completely f**k up his life too?

Does that apply to say - a chartered accountant rapist too?

Why is there so much vehemence in this particular case? stevmk2
I take it you were drunk when you wrote this rubbish.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-02-2015, 07:28 PM

Originally Posted by sue_arnold ->
Sometimes you just gotta laugh

In answer to your question Steve - footballers 'should' be role models, an accountant is invisible compared ......
That's me last word on the subject
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-02-2015, 07:36 PM

Oh jeeze!...If this is all going to kick-off again please can You wait until I've had Me dinner and I can settle down for the Night? ;~)
cranberry
Notts, UK
cranberry is female  cranberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-02-2015, 07:46 PM

Are you avoiding or participating, aqua?
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-02-2015, 07:55 PM

Originally Posted by cranberry ->
Are you avoiding or participating, aqua?
Heh heh,well I missed it first time around so I must have been on a break...Reading back through it just now has My eyes a poppin'...Think I'll pass :~)
cranberry
Notts, UK
cranberry is female  cranberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-02-2015, 08:00 PM

A wise move - only need to read every fifth page!!
Pats
Lincolnshire
Pats is female  Pats has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-02-2015, 09:26 PM

Originally Posted by Patsy ->
In answer to your question Steve - footballers 'should' be role models, an accountant is invisible compared .....
Very true.
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-02-2015, 09:33 AM

Originally Posted by cranberry ->
A wise move - only need to read every fifth page!!
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-02-2015, 09:44 AM

Originally Posted by stevmk2 ->
I've not read through all the posts here so forgive me but I do find that level of media interest in this case well over the top to be honest.

The jury decided that the woman in the rape case was too drunk to give consent so the guy had the book thrown at him and he was probably legless too.

Stupid thing to do but people do stupid things when they're drunk - I did and I paid dearly for it.

A quarter of people on those Job Seekers allowance have a criminal record and ex-offenders are more likely to re-offend if they're out of work OK?

So where are we going with all this?

If he wasn't a footballer it's quite possible that nobody would have given a toss so are we saying a high-earner should get not only a prison sentence and a lifetime on the Sex Offenders Register but society should completely f**k up his life too?

Does that apply to say - a chartered accountant rapist too?

Why is there so much vehemence in this particular case? stevmk2
You have a point I guess if was someone local we wouldn't have heard about it and the chap would have gone back to his job if his boss had permitted and no one would have said anything. So the key is he was already in the public eye and for some reason didn't have any friends in the media because you can bet if he had it would have all been hushed up !
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-02-2015, 09:47 AM

Originally Posted by sue_arnold ->
Sue, that was very rude

Page 31 of 32 « First < 21 29 30 31 32 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top