Join for free
Page 32 of 274 « First < 22 30 31 32 33 34 42 82 132 > Last »
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-01-2018, 09:27 PM

Re: Floydy's All-Time Top 1000 Favourite Albums

American Fool is still quite a good album, perhaps a bit dated now but worth it for Jack & Diane.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-01-2018, 03:10 AM

Originally Posted by Psmith ->
Not a big fan of The Manics but I have soft spot them as they come from just up the road.
Generation Terrorists was intended to be their one and only album because they thought it would sell so well world wide they wouldn't have to make any more.
You're dead right about this being the Manic's first album, PS. For some reason I thought it was their third. Interesting story though and although they had big ideas for it, they stuck it out and became a very big band.
A great act live btw
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-01-2018, 03:13 AM

Originally Posted by Boozercruiser ->
Nothing in my Mailbox Floydy.
And trying to PM you all I am seeing is:

Floydy has chosen not to receive Personal Messages or may not be allowed to receive Personal Messages. Therefore you may not send your message to him/her.

If you are trying to send this message to multiple recipients, remove Floydy from the recipient list and send the message again.

-------
To try and include topic though.
You are obviously a few years younger than me, and quite a bit of your music doesn't quite fit with me, except perhaps Monkees/Status Quo/Bee Gees and a few more.
My favourite record of those times just has to be...

Hi mate.
The PM situ is now sorted, as you may have probably already seen by now

Give it time with the music though mate, there are some really old ones amongst this lot. Being from Liverpool, I'm trusting that you like The Beatles for instance. We haven't had any yet because their albums are placed much higher in the list. Got some rock 'n' roll stuff to come too

Can't go wrong with Free btw. Paul Rodgers has one of the best 'rock' voices in music. Thanks for posting the vid
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere

29-01-2018, 03:16 AM

Originally Posted by Ffosse ->
American Fool is still quite a good album, perhaps a bit dated now but worth it for Jack & Diane.
Aye, great song.
I like John Cougar Mellencamp but he didn't really make it massive over here like he did in the states. It might be down to charisma, I dunno. Compare him to Bruce Springsteen and Brooooce wins hands down every time: Songwriting, live performing, whatever.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere

29-01-2018, 03:59 PM

Not too much time today as my 7 y.o. granddaughter will be bombastically barging onto my PC very soon, so here's as many as I can quickly post before WWIII occurs....

No.850: "Sounds That Can't Be Made" by Marillion (2012)

Quietly still treading those boards and releasing albums mostly financed in part by their fan club, Marillion's post-Fish output has seen the band progress extensively from their early comparisons to 'a poor man's Genesis' into a very classy band indeed. Here's a live version of one of the best tracks from this recent release, Out Of The Box.

Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere

29-01-2018, 04:04 PM

No.849: "Car Wheels On A Gravel Road" by Lucinda Williams (1998)

'Americana' singer-songwriter and all-round tough cookie, Lucinda Williams has led the hard life somewhat. Most of her writings are autobiographical and this double album can be difficult to listen to in one sitting. But as a document of how to write great music, this is up there with the best of 'em.

Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere

29-01-2018, 04:11 PM

No.848: "The Notorious Byrd Brothers" by The Byrds (1968)

Looking at this album again I wish I had placed it higher in my list. It's an immaculate album, but c'est la vie these things happen.
The best vocalist The Byrds ever had, Gene Clark, returned for this album to complement David Crosby and Roger McGuinn's sublime harmonies.
Two videos for you. Firstly a montage of Draft Morning/Goin' Back, then an excerpt from the movie Easy Rider featuring one of the most free and easy songs before the Eagles were invented, 'Wasn't Born To Follow':

Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere

29-01-2018, 04:26 PM

Due to lack of time (again), a quick mention for the following (with selected videos):

No.847: "Back In '72" by Bob Seger & The Silver Bullet Band"
Comparisons to Bruce Springsteen abound, but tise Detroit rock 'n' roller was there much earlier. This is perhaps his best early song, 'Turn The Page':

No.846: "A Rush Of Blood To The Head" by Coldplay (2002)
Third album already in the list from this huge band. Here's 'Clocks':

No.845: "Hours..." by David Bowie (1999)
Floundering a little in the late 90's as Bowie was struggling (against his normally inventive persona) to compete with the wilderness of that that period. A decent album nonetheless.

No.844: "Heavy Fire" by Black Star Riders (2017)
On their third album now, California's Black Star Riders features of course Scott Gorham from Thin Lizzy with his soundalike band. Brilliant live, I saw them in Hull last year.

No.843: "Holding All The Roses" by Blackberry Smoke"
Contemporary country-rock-blues full of catchy riffs and glorious melodies.

Until later,
Bobby Àmericano
AMERICA
Bobby Àmericano is male  Bobby Àmericano has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-01-2018, 04:37 PM

Funny how you Brits like American music and we (I) love Brit music!
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere

29-01-2018, 04:41 PM

Originally Posted by Bobby Àmericano ->
Funny how you Brits like American music and we (I) love Brit music!
Hi Bobby, welcome to my thread

Both Britain and America lead the way with popular music don't they? No other nation comes close. I'd say we both claim fame to an equal amount of classic bands over the years

Page 32 of 274 « First < 22 30 31 32 33 34 42 82 132 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top