Join for free
Page 34 of 46 « First < 24 32 33 34 35 36 44 > Last »
Pumicestone
Australia
Pumicestone is male  Pumicestone has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-10-2016, 08:07 PM

Re: Faith Schools: Time to scrap them?

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
.... Beliefs are very private things,
as long as they do not involve imposing their views on others they should be respected......
That's the whole problem being addressed here, Swim.
Biased adults imposing their views on gullible children !
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-10-2016, 08:42 PM

Originally Posted by Pumicestone ->
That's the whole problem being addressed here, Swim.
Biased adults imposing their views on gullible children !
Hi

Well Pummy, you are a braver man than I am.

There is no way I am going to be telling Nadi that Santa Claus and the Tooth Fairy do not exist, she will work it out for herself when the time is right, all part of growing up and working things out for herself.

She is six years old and lives on a farm, far too busy working out where babies come from at the minute.

She is absolutely convinced that that because Babcha Zosia stays at my house that we are going to have a baby.

The fact that we have separate bedrooms is completely lost on her.

The innocence of children is a wondrous thing.

She has a loose baby tooth at the moment, desperately trying to wriggle it out, so the tooth fairy gives her a fiver.

I am not going to burst her bubble.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-10-2016, 08:47 PM

She is happier now sharing a bed with with her daughters boyfriend, over 30 years her junior.

It is the only way she feels she can keep in touch with her daughter.
Did I read that right?! Doesn't make a lot of sense
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-10-2016, 09:19 PM

There is no way I am going to be telling Nadi that Santa Claus and the Tooth Fairy do not exist, she will work it out for herself when the time is right, all part of growing up and working things out for herself.

She has a loose baby tooth at the moment, desperately trying to wriggle it out, so the tooth fairy gives her a fiver.
A FIVER? When I was a kid, a tooth was worth sixpence. That's inflation for you, I suppose.

Re. Santa Claus, when I was teaching 7/8 year-olds and Christmas came along, the existence or not of Santa often reared its ugly head. I always referred to him as a real being who visited good children with presents on Christmas Eve night. Inevitably, though, there would be the wordly-wise child, usually a boy, who would pour scorn on this childhood belief. It was sometimes a bit of a challenge for me to keep a straight face and offer assurance of his genuine existence.
Puddle Duck
Cheshire. UK
Puddle Duck is female  Puddle Duck has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-10-2016, 09:55 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
A FIVER? When I was a kid, a tooth was worth sixpence. That's inflation for you, I suppose.

Re. Santa Claus, when I was teaching 7/8 year-olds and Christmas came along, the existence or not of Santa often reared its ugly head. I always referred to him as a real being who visited good children with presents on Christmas Eve night. Inevitably, though, there would be the wordly-wise child, usually a boy, who would pour scorn on this childhood belief. It was sometimes a bit of a challenge for me to keep a straight face and offer assurance of his genuine existence.
Ha ha ! That reminds me of the Curate at our Church last Christmas eve at the Christingle service. Children gathered including his own two, and he started off by saying.."well, we all know that Father Christmas does not exist" ......the intake of breath from the parents was like the build up of a hurricane

Before the quick response team move in , hoping to get a quick fix.......
A very educated curate who can speak 4 languages umpteen qualifications and he reads the Hebrew Bible amongst others. You (2) will never understand why such people follow any faith, it's certainly not financially rewarding for them.

We've got a right pair on here haven't we ?

swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-10-2016, 10:23 PM

Originally Posted by Realist ->
Did I read that right?! Doesn't make a lot of sense
Hi

When you lose a child nothing makes sense.

It is extremely traumatic and it has a very traumatic effect.

We all react in different ways.

Forgiveness is everything.

Judgement is not.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-10-2016, 10:36 PM

Sorry Swim I just realised I totally misunderstood the situation. Kinda makes sense now. Not good of course and is destined to reach another traumatic milestone when the boyfriend has had enough and finds someone his own age.

I find in these kind of situations all you can do is just continue to be yourself and give the other person the time they need to work through it.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire

10-10-2016, 10:55 PM

Hi

Thanks for that Realist.

We are now divorced, no going back, but I wish her no harm at all.

I know that I would really struggle if either of my kids died before me.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-10-2016, 12:00 AM

Originally Posted by JBR ->

I must say all we got was a sixpence too.

Showing our age perhaps, JBR!
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-10-2016, 12:08 AM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
I must say all we got was a sixpence too.

Showing our age perhaps, JBR!
Kids today don't know how lucky they are, do they?

Page 34 of 46 « First < 24 32 33 34 35 36 44 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top