Join for free
Page 34 of 44 « First < 24 32 33 34 35 36 > Last »
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-11-2020, 07:44 PM

Re: Coronavirus: Second wave of Covid-19 coming to UK, says PM

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
Oh bugger .... now you're getting sarcastic.

Tut. Tut.
I'll leave you to it. Everyone handles Covid and their fear of it in different ways.
Me? I'm going to dunk some ginger nuts.
Keep well and safe Omah.

Well blow me if I haven't just told him exactly the same Mort.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-11-2020, 07:45 PM

Great minds Mups .... great minds.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-11-2020, 07:46 PM

Originally Posted by Zaphod ->
Lockdowns are a waste of time anyway.
All they do is delay the inevitable.
If you've not been exposed to the virus already, restricting contact now will only mean that you will STILL be vulnerable after restrictions ease.

If you want to minimise your own risk of catching this virus you need to be sensible, it's as simple as that: restrict your contact with other people as much as you can and take sensible precautions - it's now quite obvious that face coverings aren't working* so even at the times you need to wear one, do NOT rely on their keeping the virus at bay and be as strict as possible regarding social distancing.

* If the wearing of face coverings did either prevent infection or decrease the severity of infection we would not be seeing the rapid and large increase in the rates of infection that we are seeing now.
It's not just here in the UK either.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/opinion/...s-people-will/

Hmm, makes you wonder doesn't it, Zaphod.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

01-11-2020, 07:47 PM

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
Great minds Mups .... great minds.

Well we've always known that, haven't we Mort.
Vlad
West Midlands UK
Vlad is male  Vlad has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-11-2020, 08:21 PM

A self portrait of me in the loo ...

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	200B6EC2-5B12-4261-BC9C-F2A86FC3AE56.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	37.5 KB
ID:	14057  
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-11-2020, 08:24 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
I see now. You are just being rather silly and sarcy because I said Boris is doing his best under difficult circumstances, and you obviously don't agree.

However it doesn't answer my genuine question, which is why are Covid patients going into ordinary hospitals instead of Nightingales?
Presumably there is a reason, so if you don't know it, perhaps you could just kindly say so?
I don't know, you don't know, the staff don't know but we all better "pipe down" unless we can do better than BJ and his CC .....
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

01-11-2020, 08:26 PM

Originally Posted by Omah ->
I don't know, you don't know, the staff don't know but we all better "pipe down" unless we can do better than BJ and his CC .....

Twit.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-11-2020, 08:26 PM

Psst .... who is CC?
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-11-2020, 08:30 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Twit.
"As we know, there are known knowns; there are things we know we know. We also know there are known unknowns; that is to say we know there are some things we do not know. But there are also unknown unknowns—the ones we don't know we don't know. "

United States Secretary of Defense Donald Rumsfeld at a U.S. Department of Defense (DoD) news briefing on February 12, 2002

Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-11-2020, 09:16 PM

Interesting opinion piece on the ABC web site from their European correspondent about Boris and his handling of the second wave:

On the weekend, the British people were told for the first time ever their health system may not be able to care for them within weeks.

Yes, that's the same nation that was bombed to smithereens by the Germans during The Blitz in Word War II.

After a chaotic day of political decision making, and well into their Saturday evening (local time), Prime Minister Boris Johnson told them very soon they could turn up to a hospital, in say Liverpool or London, and be turned away.

The no vacancy sign would be up around the country and people would die after being turned away from emergency departments.

Is there anything grimmer than that?

By the time the Prime Minister delivered that news, he had already presided over a day of complete political chaos.

In times of crisis clear, concise, political leadership is a not just a desire of the masses but a must for the stability of a nation.

The message does not need to be Churchillian, but decisive clarity always helps.

Unfortunately, COVID-19 has pushed the UK into a very deep crisis, and England precisely does not have a steady hand steering the ship.

Let's look back at the weekend of indecision and political panic, as an example.

On Saturday, Britain woke to news reports that they'd be facing another national lockdown.

Behind the walls of Downing Street, Boris Johnson was fuming.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-11-...ng-st/12837276

Page 34 of 44 « First < 24 32 33 34 35 36 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top