Join for free
Page 340 of 391 « First < 240 290 330 338 339 340 341 342 350 390 > Last »
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-05-2014, 07:24 PM

Re: Today I have .........

Today was very cold so I lit the fire and settled down to watch the racing on TV, had a mixed bit of luck but came out slightly ahead in the end. Another oddly named horse caught my attention in the 4.55 at Haydock, this one must have been made out of stiff plastic 'Art Official' it was called, anyway it ran very synthetically and finished last. Hope you are enjoying the lovely rain.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-05-2014, 11:06 PM

Today I finished all my making for the stall I'm sharing with two friends at The Frome Steampunk Extravaganza next weekend, finished my bustle for the Grand Opening, sorted my mask for the Bohemian Ball and tried to think of something to wear for the Sunday Soiree, if I make it that far! Got a feeling I'll be flagging by Saturday lunchtime! Spent the weekend entirely alone (bliss) as youngest is at Comicon in London and other daughters are busy.
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-05-2014, 05:47 PM

Well, I've visited my sister's house 2x to feed and sort out the blasted cats. Created a new website and half of another. Posted nonsense all over this forum - as usual. Kinda restless, for some reason, which might not bode well for the rest of the day. We shall see.
Linden Tree
Derbyshire, UK
Linden Tree is female  Linden Tree has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-05-2014, 06:34 PM

I bought myself some paint, brushes and a roller this morning to paint my bedroom, and this afternoon I ordered myself a new bed. No prizes for guessing what I'll be doing tomorrow!
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-05-2014, 06:35 PM

Sleeping with a paintbrush in yer hand
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-05-2014, 06:51 PM

Happy painting Linden.

Today I went out to the pub about 1.30pm and came back specially to look for EZ Rider on 'Deal or no Deal', couldn't see him, I saw a few men in the front row alright, one chap with a lady had a black shirt and glasses, I thought he was the most likely suspect, anyone else watch it?, the contestant won £46,000, and that's my proof that I was rooti'n for yeh EZ, what colour shirt will you have on tomorrow?
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK
Robert Junior is male  Robert Junior has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-05-2014, 07:09 PM

Today I have

Excelled myself.

For a few weeks now

I've been collecting garden tools from the dump.
Dozens of them so far
I clean them up Hammerite paint on the metal parts
Coloured varnish on the wood
They look great

I am giving them to my two oldest who have recently bought houses
This is the first time they have had their own garden
So I am setting them up with
Spades, forks, border tools, draw hoes, straight hoes, cultivators
rakes etc.

I feel very good about it

PS, also scythes, buckets & watering cans..

It amazes me the things folks throw away
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin

25-05-2014, 08:47 PM

I hate to see good stuff being dumped RJ, especially old tools of any description, the ones they make now are not nearly as well made, I'm afraid we live in a very wasteful world, mores the pity.
Well done looking after your kids, they'll always be 'kids' to us Daddys.
daisymay
South Wales Valleys
daisymay is female  daisymay has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-05-2014, 01:44 AM

Anyone noticed that nowadays the bags frozen stuff comes in, is more like a sellophane type stuff than plastic? It seems to tear at the slightest touch. Any way got tired of bags either breaking or being opaque and making it impossible to see the contents. So for a few quid order a load of what they call 'zip-lok" bags. Clear bags with a clever contraption along the top which you pull along and it seals the bag. So yesterday spent hours going from chest to upright freezer, decanting stuff into suitable sized bags and rearranging what was in which. I was amazed at some of the stuff I had forgotten about. Bags which had been opened, clipped, and had then slipped down into the depths. Found four different opened bags of sausages!, two half bags of oven chips, some corned beef and potato rissoles, two different lots of yorkies (the uncooked type and the cooked type), a couple of lamb steaks and some beef skirt had forgotten, and two huge trout, and some smoked haddock! Guess dinners for the next week or so are all sorted.

Trouble is all that bendin, crouching, and hauling stuff back and forth to the kitchen was no good for my back, so today have been a bit stiff.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-05-2014, 07:49 AM

Originally Posted by daisymay ->
Anyone noticed that nowadays the bags frozen stuff comes in, is more like a sellophane type stuff than plastic? It seems to tear at the slightest touch. Any way got tired of bags either breaking or being opaque and making it impossible to see the contents. So for a few quid order a load of what they call 'zip-lok" bags. Clear bags with a clever contraption along the top which you pull along and it seals the bag. So yesterday spent hours going from chest to upright freezer, decanting stuff into suitable sized bags and rearranging what was in which. I was amazed at some of the stuff I had forgotten about. Bags which had been opened, clipped, and had then slipped down into the depths. Found four different opened bags of sausages!, two half bags of oven chips, some corned beef and potato rissoles, two different lots of yorkies (the uncooked type and the cooked type), a couple of lamb steaks and some beef skirt had forgotten, and two huge trout, and some smoked haddock! Guess dinners for the next week or so are all sorted.

Trouble is all that bendin, crouching, and hauling stuff back and forth to the kitchen was no good for my back, so today have been a bit stiff.

Can you meet me at the train station DM - I'll be heading in your direction very soon now - Lunch around 14.00 ???

Page 340 of 391 « First < 240 290 330 338 339 340 341 342 350 390 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top