Join for free
Page 35 of 164 « First < 25 33 34 35 36 37 45 85 135 > Last »
Satellite
New Member!
Somerset, UK
Satellite is female 

04-02-2021, 03:06 PM

Re: Covid-19 Vaccinations

Delighted to say I’m having my 1st inoculation this afternoon. Can’t wait!
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-02-2021, 04:32 PM

Originally Posted by Satellite ->
Delighted to say I’m having my 1st inoculation this afternoon. Can’t wait!
I hope all goes well with it, Satellite...
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-02-2021, 05:13 PM

I'm very lucky, considering I'm a 68-year old spring chicken, to have been given an appointment for my first jab a week tomorrow, though I 'benefit' (if that's the correct word!) from being Type 2 diabetic and having CKD. Not too far to travel either. Just a mile or so up the road.

If anyone would like more information about the three usual vaccines being used by the NHS, which I was sent at the time:

Pfizer:
https://www.gov.uk/government/public...e-for-covid-19

AZ:
https://www.gov.uk/government/public...ne-astrazeneca

Moderna:
https://www.gov.uk/government/public...accine-moderna

The one slightly worrying thing about all three, according to the bumf, is that there's a distinct possibility of it making me vomit! I hate feeling sick.
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-02-2021, 08:35 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
I'm very lucky, considering I'm a 68-year old spring chicken, to have been given an appointment for my first jab a week tomorrow, though I 'benefit' (if that's the correct word!) from being Type 2 diabetic and having CKD. Not too far to travel either. Just a mile or so up the road.

If anyone would like more information about the three usual vaccines being used by the NHS, which I was sent at the time:

Pfizer:
https://www.gov.uk/government/public...e-for-covid-19

AZ:
https://www.gov.uk/government/public...ne-astrazeneca

Moderna:
https://www.gov.uk/government/public...accine-moderna

The one slightly worrying thing about all three, according to the bumf, is that there's a distinct possibility of it making me vomit! I hate feeling sick.
Thanks JBR, I had my first jab just four hours' ago, have just had my evening meal and like you I also hate feeling sick, although that's never happened in my life!

Also I haven't as yet read the literature given to me at the time!
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-02-2021, 08:58 PM

Originally Posted by Baz46 ->
Thanks JBR, I had my first jab just four hours' ago, have just had my evening meal and like you I also hate feeling sick, although that's never happened in my life!

Also I haven't as yet read the literature given to me at the time!
Oh, I'm probably worrying about nothing. The mother-in-law was perfectly fine after her first jab.

I'll just take a sick bag!
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-02-2021, 09:49 AM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Oh, I'm probably worrying about nothing. The mother-in-law was perfectly fine after her first jab.

I'll just take a sick bag!
Is she THAT bad?
Zaphod
Lincs UK
Zaphod is male  Zaphod has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-02-2021, 11:20 AM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Is she THAT bad?

I had a text from my surgery yesterday, asking that patients not phone and ask for the vaccine because it's clogging up their switchboard!
As if it makes any difference - there is zero chance of them answering no matter when you phone but still .......

It did say that they would be in touch "soon" to arrange vaccinations, though I'm not in a group that's due yet.
Or at least I don't think I am.

Best wishes to all those getting theirs.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

05-02-2021, 12:11 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Is she THAT bad?
She's a witch.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-02-2021, 01:44 PM

I had my vaccination about an hour ago! I booked it at a local pharmacy as I had received a letter from the NHS!
When I got home I noticed that my doctors surgery had sent a text inviting me to to have the jab at one of their stations. I will let them know I have now had it when their phones are less busy so they can cross me off their list!
I really think it must be a nightmare trying to book appointments for everybody to have a Covid vaccination when we are talking close to 70 million people.... so I can understand people who work at the surgeries trying to prevent unnecessary phone calls.
Every day the News is telling us how many people have died or how many new cases, but wouldn't it be better if they used the news time to let people know that, all who are registered with a doctor's surgery, will receive an invitation when they are part of the group that are next to get one.
I see little point in applauding the NHS staff, then slowing them down by wanting to know when it will be your turn.
Zaphod
Lincs UK
Zaphod is male  Zaphod has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-02-2021, 03:32 PM

Nice one Twink55!

For those worried about side effects, data released today shows that these vaccines are (so far) extremely safe and in line with for example the flu jab!

"Just 3 in 1,000 Britons reporting side-effects of Covid vaccine"
"Just three in 1,000 Britons are reporting side-effects from the coronavirus vaccines, with most people suffering mild ‘flu-like’ symptoms or sore arms, the first safety analysis has shown today.

Since the vaccine rollout began, the Medicines and Healthcare products Regulatory Agency (MHRA) has been monitoring side-effects through its Yellow Card scheme.

First data released on Friday show that out of 6.9million doses given between Dec 9 and Jan 24, just 22,820 incidents were reported."

More are reporting a problem with the AZ jab - but it's a tiny difference with a 0.4% vs 0.3% AZ to Pfizer/Biontech rate.

Here's the link which is paywalled at The Telegraph although a free trial period is available, otherwise the gist of the story is as above.
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/202...covid-vaccine/

Page 35 of 164 « First < 25 33 34 35 36 37 45 85 135 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top