Join for free
Page 35 of 79 « First < 25 33 34 35 36 37 45 > Last »
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-06-2010, 10:20 PM

Re: What do you remember???

We played kick the can here too, OG,
Cookiecate
Chatterbox
Blackpool
Cookiecate is female  Cookiecate has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-06-2010, 11:44 PM

What was the game that we played when you knocked on someones door and ran away, there was always quite a big group of us so the poor devil opening the door never knew which one of us had knocked. Then I think we played kick the can in the middle of quite a busy road.

We played two balls, jacks, five stones and rounders, while the boys played football or cricket. Of course there were some happy mixed games of kiss chase..
To choose who went first or who belonged to which team we did the dip dip dip my little ship sails on the ocean like a cup and saucer, OUT spells out .
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-06-2010, 12:22 PM

Originally Posted by Cookiecate ->
What was the game that we played when you knocked on someones door and ran away, there was always quite a big group of us so the poor devil opening the door never knew which one of us had knocked. .
I remember that, we used to call it "Knock, knock Ginger" for some reason.
Cookiecate
Chatterbox
Blackpool
Cookiecate is female  Cookiecate has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-06-2010, 06:03 PM

That's it when I look back how thoughtless we were. We didn't mean any harm well at least I don't think we did. ain't kids cruel?
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-06-2010, 06:23 PM

Originally Posted by Cookiecate ->
That's it when I look back how thoughtless we were. We didn't mean any harm well at least I don't think we did. ain't kids cruel?
I think the difference being that in our early days we did it for fun ...... I can't imagine it the same these days - it would probably involve something being thrown at a window or suchlike
Cookiecate
Chatterbox
Blackpool

17-06-2010, 06:37 PM

I know, can you imagine 'happy slapping' when you were a youngster, we respected our elders and the police. I don't like to drone on about things being better in my day but honestly kids were nicer, kinder and more respectful. Hey ho grandma.
Old git
West Deeping Lincs
Old git is male  Old git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-06-2010, 06:49 PM

I remember a few kids going out to do the door knocking thing-and I said no. It just didn`t feel either fun or a good thing to do.

Some called me a coward and other things as by then I had gone to one school and everybody else with I hung out with at 13 had gone to the secondary mod.

One boy,my friend agreed and we went off .

51 years I have known him,I`m his 2nd daughter`s God father.
Cookiecate
Chatterbox
Blackpool

17-06-2010, 08:00 PM

That really is an old friend. I am still in touch with a girl I met when I went to secondary modern at 11. We don't see each other often but when we do it is as if we haven't been apart. I look at the photographs of us gorgeous gals and wonder where the years went.
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
near Glasgow Scotland
Brandykins is female  Brandykins has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-06-2010, 08:28 PM

I still have two friends from my childhood. I was 4 years old when Isa and I became friends at the Rosebuds, then we went thru' to the Speedwells then into the Girls Guildry. We were in the Dramatic Society as well and then we worked together in my first job!! My other friend, Jean, I have been friends with since we were 11 years old, were in the same class of the quaifying class together. I went onto the High School and Jean went to another school but we kept friends. I was at her wedding but I couldn't be her bridesmaid because she married in the catholic church and they wouldn't allow a Protestant to act as bridesmaid Sadly, Larry died last year.

Time flies by without us really noticing it!

Nice to have friends for such a long time.
PPHammer
Yorkshire, UK
PPHammer is male  PPHammer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-06-2010, 09:23 PM

I remember cream horns made by my Grandmother

Yum Yum

Page 35 of 79 « First < 25 33 34 35 36 37 45 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top