Join for free
Page 36 of 38 « First < 26 34 35 36 37 38 >
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-09-2013, 09:51 AM

Re: Syria - US ships move in!

Originally Posted by Pats CG ->
Confused.com .......
Altho' not enough confusion to agree with Kal on this ...
Not a problem Pats - I can only call it as I see it.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-09-2013, 09:53 AM

You see it correctly - what a turn around .... why change original views ...
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-09-2013, 09:57 AM

Well I don't mind admitting my part in it I lost my perspective and said things I shouldn't have.
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-09-2013, 10:03 AM

You see it correctly - what a turn around .... why change original views ...
I like Audrey and happily chat with her on other threads and we have some thoughts that are in common; just not on this particular thread.

I would never dream of being rude towards her but that doesn't mean I won't point out the obvious.

Anyway, one thing has struck me in this whole affair: how the heck has Putin come out of this looking like the reasonable one!
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-09-2013, 10:11 AM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Well I don't mind admitting my part in it I lost my perspective and said things I shouldn't have.
Fine - if you did that .....
Sure, it will be appreciated .... well - I guess you can never be sure .....
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-09-2013, 11:03 AM

This is one reason why we shouldn't get involved in taking sides in Middle East affairs, as they are all as bad as one another for sheer brutality...
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK

06-09-2013, 11:07 AM

I can't read that plantman, I find it too upsetting but I agree that they are as bad as each other. That's why I would like concrete evidence about the gas attack - I wouldn't put it past extremists to use the stuff on their own people, but blame it on the other side, in order to try and garner support. I do agree that we should just stay out of it. I'm not even sure peace will happen in our lifetime in the Middle East - until they want it themselves, can anyone else really force it on them?

It's all such a mess.
AudreyII
USA
AudreyII is female  AudreyII has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-09-2013, 04:54 PM

I vowed I was staying out of this thread... however I attended a townhall meeting hosted by my Representative... and told him that I want him to vote no. It kills me to no end.. As I know the wingnut lunitic republicans will see this as a way to embarass the President... and I would love to support Obama... but in this instance, I'm just too tired of the military... and would love to see some of that money directed HERE at home and for the benefit of the American people... To hell with spending it on war and on aid to everyone else. I'm leaning back toward isolationism.. and taking care of our own first. So are a whole lot of Americans. That freaking idiot GW Bush has poisoned the well as far as most Americans feel about military intervention of any kind in the future... unless we are directly attacked.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

06-09-2013, 05:09 PM

I think we are all war tired Audrey - it will solve nothing in the end - there will be no end .....
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-09-2013, 05:11 PM

I think we are all war tired Audrey - it will solve nothing in the end - there will be no end .....
There will Pats - when damn silly man has blown the world to bits or poisoned all life !

Page 36 of 38 « First < 26 34 35 36 37 38 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top