Join for free
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-04-2021, 12:58 PM

Re: Last to post wins

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
Gonna have a Bacon, Sausage, Black Pudding, Tomato, Egg Sandwich for Brekkie this morning and slap it on Judds Slate.
Nice try. No ID, no food. Besides which, the Spoon's owner and me have known each other for years and any attempt at fraud will be severely dealt with by the judicious use of a rock-hard frozen Stornoway black pudding. He says that it's only fit for use as a cudgel because for the most part, it is inedible.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-04-2021, 01:00 PM

Originally Posted by Pixie Knuckles ->
Full Scottish will cost more, because you have extra of everything, plus a dollop of haggis on the side. Its cold up here so you need the extra calories
Porage with extra salt added or made with milk for that hint of luxury.
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-04-2021, 01:14 PM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
Porage with extra salt added or made with milk for that hint of luxury.
So...you think that porridge is made with water and salt, usually? Maybe in Wallace's time when a'buddy wiz skirling aboot the hillsides in their shawls, but not now. We, in the 21st Century use milk. Ask them at Spoons, they make it just right
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire

22-04-2021, 05:59 PM

So...you think that porridge is made with water and salt, usually? Maybe in Wallace's time when a'buddy wiz skirling aboot the hillsides in their shawls, but not now. We, in the 21st Century use milk. Ask them at Spoons, they make it just right
A Scottish friend of my mum's used to make her porage like that every time - didn't do anything for her blood pressure which killed her in the end. Her arteries were like clay pipes apparently.

The spoon's I was alluding to was my local greasy spoon, not Wetherspoons. He doesn't do porage, just the usual greasy-spoon fare.
macywack
north west, england
macywack is male  macywack has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-04-2021, 06:57 PM

might just try this 'ere scottish version of porridge in the morning, urgh!!
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-04-2021, 07:04 PM

Originally Posted by macywack ->
might just try this 'ere scottish version of porridge in the morning, urgh!!
Ugh not the water and salt, Mr Macy....its bloomin' awful, trust me. Make it with milk, add sugar to taste....some berries and banana, and you will be fine until dinner time!
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK

22-04-2021, 07:06 PM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
A Scottish friend of my mum's used to make her porage like that every time - didn't do anything for her blood pressure which killed her in the end. Her arteries were like clay pipes apparently.

The spoon's I was alluding to was my local greasy spoon, not Wetherspoons. He doesn't do porage, just the usual greasy-spoon fare.
No wonder...I'm sorry she died, but gosh...the salt you need to put in to taste it is a fair few spoonfuls!
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire

22-04-2021, 09:26 PM

No wonder...I'm sorry she died, but gosh...the salt you need to put in to taste it is a fair few spoonfuls!
I know. She was an addict for the stuff and used to pour tons of the stuff on her food.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-04-2021, 10:22 PM

All quiet here.I suppose they are all off eating porridge which means...

..I am last to post.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-04-2021, 10:28 PM

Yes, you are, congratulations.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top