Join for free
Page 38 of 48 « First < 28 36 37 38 39 40 > Last »
countrygirl
West Midlands
countrygirl is female  countrygirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-11-2015, 03:32 PM

Re: The Indigenous Australians

Originally Posted by ruthio ->
I don't know, I give up, who was it?
Nigel Farage ?
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-11-2015, 03:50 PM

there are many Indigenous populations around the world in NewZealand; South America; Finland; Canada; USA oh and Australia. Some of us here in OZ have great respect for our truly Indigenous people and work with them and sometimes for them to make advancements.

However the below article suggests that in fact in international law Britain does not have any Indigenous peoples. The British are not Indigenous to their own land in anyway.

what on earth does one call a large mass of peoples inhabiting and ruling a kingdom who are not considered Indigenous to their own country? Blow ins; illegal immigrants; invaders???

rather confusing not to have a real identity heh!

http://britishdemocraticparty.org/th...housand-years/
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-11-2015, 03:53 PM

Originally Posted by gumbud ->
you could be almost talking about the working class of England. Which politician said " just give them cheap fags and beer and they'll be as happy as pigs in shit"??
You may have that misquoted as when you google it comes straight back to your post. so who said it ? you
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-11-2015, 04:16 PM

there are many Indigenous populations around the world in NewZealand; South America; Finland; Canada; USA oh and Australia. Some of us here in OZ have great respect for our truly Indigenous people and work with them and sometimes for them to make advancements.

However the below article suggests that in fact in international law Britain does not have any Indigenous peoples. The British are not Indigenous to their own land in anyway.

what on earth does one call a large mass of peoples inhabiting and ruling a kingdom who are not considered Indigenous to their own country? Blow ins; illegal immigrants; invaders???

rather confusing not to have a real identity heh!
http://britishdemocraticparty.org/th...housand-years/
Not really. I suspect my leg is pure Danish bacon.. my profile is definitely Roman and classic ... my sword arm, or trotter, has a distinctly Norman look.
So what's your point ... you English speaker.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-11-2015, 04:18 PM

***Please do not make personal comments about other members.
Some posts may be deleted.
Thank you
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-11-2015, 04:18 PM

you could be almost talking about the working class of England. Which politician said " just give them cheap fags and beer and they'll be as happy as pigs in shit"??
Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
You may have that misquoted as when you google it comes straight back to your post. so who said it ? you
I think you've hit the nail on the head there Julie.
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-11-2015, 04:23 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Barry Hines?? I was paraphrasing it was so long ago!
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia

14-11-2015, 04:26 PM

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
Not really. I suspect my leg is pure Danish bacon.. my profile is definitely Roman and classic ... my sword arm, or trotter, has a distinctly Norman look.
So what's your point ... you English speaker.
you have no Indigenous identity so apart from the sily humor - who are you - will the real Indigenous British stand up please?
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-11-2015, 04:38 PM

I would guess the celts are as indigenous as we get, as we have been conquered and diluted and conquered many times.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England

14-11-2015, 04:38 PM

you have no Indigenous identity so apart from the sily humor - who are you - will the real Indigenous British stand up please?
Then it's touché.
If the real indigenous Britain has to stand up .. and I'm sure there's someone lying buried in a peat bog somewhere who might give us a lead
I could say ..
Will the real indigenous Australia stand up then please.
And so the wheel turns .. back to the aborigines again are we?

Hey .. what do you mean silly humour. I was only following your lead about pigs and stys and pigs and more pigs. It's a bit late to get all sensible and censorial now.

Page 38 of 48 « First < 28 36 37 38 39 40 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top