Join for free
Page 38 of 40 « First < 28 36 37 38 39 40 >
Chibi
UK
Chibi is female 

05-07-2014, 09:49 PM

Re: Trolls

I've just had to block a total stranger in a facebook group who has delighted in attacking me today. I have no idea why. I am rather fed up of these trolls. It makes me that I can't be bothered posting any more. So annoying.
AutumnColour
Chatterbox
Trent Hills, Ontario
AutumnColour is female  AutumnColour has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-07-2014, 10:15 PM

I've never been on FB, & feel it's a free for all, for the 'mobs' out there. Who needs it?
Chibi
UK
Chibi is female 

05-07-2014, 10:28 PM

I am feeling more and more like deleting my account on there. I'm an honest and open person, I loathe liars and FB is full of them. Right now I'm reading another load of rubbish from a certain person. She must think i was born yesterday. Her life is full of events, and when I query her on them, she either doesn't answer or changes the story. Like tonight, she has apparently run over a kid, the sound of the kid's head hitting the car will stay with her forever. So, I've just said to her that the kid must have been taken to hospital, I hope there is no brain damage. No answer! So, did she leave the scene of an accident? No, she didn't because it never happened, just like all the other way out stories. Sheesh....
Honey
Chatterbox
Lancashire
Honey is female  Honey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-07-2014, 10:32 PM

FB is fine as long as you know how to use it, I have strong security settings so no one can view my page apart from personal friends and family, the problem is, many people, usually youngsters will make friends with everyone and accept strangers friendship requests because it makes them look popular by having a huge number of friends.
My nephew has over 700! in real life that would be nigh on impossible so as long as you're sensible then it's not a problem, I mainly use it to play games and there are a whole host to choose from and I can play along with my friends which makes it more interesting
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-07-2014, 10:41 PM

But you only befriend people you choose on FB don't yah? I only see stuff from people I know, or are family, so why not ditch the people you dislike?
Chibi
UK
Chibi is female 

05-07-2014, 10:44 PM

Originally Posted by MKJ ->
But you only befriend people you choose on FB don't yah? I only see stuff from people I know, or are family, so why not ditch the people you dislike?
I'm afraid of upsetting mutual friends.
You do have the option of keeping people's posts out of your news feed which is good. So, that is what I am going to do.
My profile is on private to the outside world and I have very few people added on to my friend's list. Keep information and photographs to a minimum.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-07-2014, 10:46 PM

I saw the gadget techy man, Will I Am on the BBC this morning, berating the Facebook generation, I'm with Will.
Honey
Chatterbox
Lancashire
Honey is female  Honey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-07-2014, 10:48 PM

Originally Posted by MKJ ->
exactly!
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-07-2014, 10:51 PM

Originally Posted by Chibi ->
I'm afraid of upsetting mutual friends.
You do have the option of keeping people's posts out of your news feed which is good. So, that is what I am going to do.
My profile is on private to the outside world and I have very few people added on to my friend's list. Keep information and photographs to a minimum.
Yes, I was in that predicament too. Off the top of my head there is a way to make some 'close' friends and others only 'friends'. That way only the 'close' friends see your stuff - and your theirs I think. Too tired to look in to this further for you at present but will when I can. It gets around the fact you have booted someone from your list as they are not aware of any changes taking place.
Butterfly2013
Canada
Butterfly2013 is female  Butterfly2013 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-07-2014, 10:55 PM

There are trolls everywhere, but on Facebook I find that it is easier to avoid them. I love Facebook, never had any problems, I only have friends and family, never accept anyone I don't know, even if they are friends of friends. I am not on Facebook to collect "friends", the ones that are there are because they are my friends. My settings are very private. It works for me

Page 38 of 40 « First < 28 36 37 38 39 40 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top