Join for free
Page 38 of 39 « First < 28 36 37 38 39 >
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-03-2017, 09:25 PM

Re: McCann family to launch new legal battle using "Find Maddie" funds.

Groan
Can this thread get any wurst?
caricature
Devon,England.
caricature is male  caricature has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-03-2017, 09:26 PM

Originally Posted by Tpin ->
Imho a suspect is innocent....especially if no charges have been brought....to say they are not innocent is quite wrong...that is for a jury to decide...not a judge.

BTW...I am not pro McCann
This is what the judges ruled.

T
hey wrote: “It should not be said that the appellants were cleared via the ruling announcing the archiving of the criminal case.”

While the judges said it would be wrong to draw any inferences about the couple’s guilt or innocence from the decision, they noted that the case was not shelved because prosecutors believed that Kate and Gerry, from Rothley, Leics, were innocent – but due to a lack of evidence.
WE177B
London
WE177B is male  WE177B has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-03-2017, 10:17 PM

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
Too slow on your editing.

Who is SQ?
An interesting question.

Is SQ a person?

I was presuming it was this: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sentience_quotient

Perhaps the poster could enlighten us?
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-03-2017, 10:29 PM

SQ stands for a very disturbed person who has been inundating forums with lies and conspiracy rubbish about the Mccanns for 10 years.Its obsessive destructive behavour.
Isnt it about time you stopped Queenie ?
WE177B
London
WE177B is male  WE177B has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-03-2017, 10:38 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
SQ stands for a very disturbed person who has been inundating forums with lies and conspiracy rubbish about the Mccanns for 10 years.Its obsessive destructive behavour.
Isnt it about time you stopped Queenie ?

If Q stands for Queenie, what or who is the S?
Which member is this Queenie then?

Tell me who it is and I will happily try to stop him or her.
Boot
England
Boot is female  Boot has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-03-2017, 10:44 PM

Originally Posted by Tpin ->
This is not a McCann bashing thread....

Madeleine McCann’s parents have launched a fresh legal battle to overturn a Portuguese court ruling that failed to clear them of involvement in their daughter’s disappearance.

They intend to finance it from the "Find Maddie" fund.

Is this right....should they use donated money to cklear their name?

I object to the whole idea....the money was donated by those wishing to help find Madeleine...not for the parent's to use in legal battles.
Gosh, when I posted on this thread pages ago, I didn't expect it to turn into a re-hash of the whole long running 'trial by media'. I'm not getting into that minefield of who did what & when but the fact that the McCanns have tried to keep the search for their daughter in the public eye for so long does not seem to suggest that they had been involved in her death or disappearance.
I mean, if I had been an accessory to such a crime, once the case had been closed by the Portuguese authorities, I'd have kept a low profile and hope the interest would die down - I wouldn't have tried to keep the search going and risk further scrutiny and investigation into what I'd done.

Going back to the original question, I've been thinking a bit more it - should the McCanns finance their court costs from the Find Madeleine Fund?

From what I have read, this fund now stands at only around £480,000 or less. Libel damages of £550,000 from a newspaper awarded to the McCanns was paid into the Madeleine Fund and the £375,000 damages awarded to the 'Tapas 7' was also donated by them to the Fund.
So, one could argue that if the McCanns use the money left in the Fund to pay these current Court costs, they aren't using money donated by the general public but the damages money awarded to themselves and/or their friends.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK

05-03-2017, 10:49 PM

@WE
Names are not important here WE/ SQ you came onto this forum to continue your campaign knowing full well I will debunk all the rubbish lies and maliciousness that you recycle again and again.
But that is not important to you as long as you have a platform to follow your obsession - the Mccanns .
I know why you do it it is to allay your own pain and guilt .
But this wont do it , hurting these people wont help and you and all other detractors are hurting them.
Reading unfounded trash that you produce year after year will harm and distress their children old enough now to read about these things.
The Mccanns have parents mothers and fathers and siblings who love them and loved Madeleine how do you think reading the lies you post makes them feel?
Time to stop this utterly appalling behaviour it wont help , nothing will its something you have to live with - the same as the Mccanns.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-03-2017, 10:57 PM

@WE
Names are not important here WE/ SQ you came onto this forum to continue your campaign knowing full well I will debunk all the rubbish lies and maliciousness that you recycle again and again.
But that is not important to you as long as you have a platform to follow your obsession - the Mccanns .
I know why you do it it is to allay your own pain and guilt .
But this wont do it , hurting these people wont help and you and all other detractors are hurting them.
Reading unfounded trash that you produce year after year will harm and distress their children old enough now to read about these things.
The Mccanns have parents mothers and fathers and siblings who love them and loved Madeleine how do you think reading the lies you post make
them feel?
Time to stop this utterly disgraceful behaviour it wont help , nothing will its something you have to live with - the same as the Mccanns.
Call me slow, but I'm beginning to gather that there's more to this than I thought, and to which I am not party.
WE177B
London

05-03-2017, 10:59 PM

@WE
I know why you do it it is to allay your own sense of guilt .
Reading unfounded trash that you produce year after year will harm and distress their children old enough now to read about these things,
The Mccanns have parents mothers and fathers and siblings who love them and loved Madeleine how do you think reading the lies you post make
them feel?
Time to stop this utterly disgraceful behaviour it wont help , nothing will its something you have to live with - the same as the Mccanns.

Why are you putting SQ after an abbreviation of my username?

What's all this nonsense about "year after year"? You do realise I have only been on this form for about six months and only posted for the first time a few days ago?

Are you confusing me with someone else?
WE177B
London

05-03-2017, 11:01 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Call me slow, but I'm beginning to gather that there's more to this than I thought, and to which I am not party.
You are not alone in that.

Page 38 of 39 « First < 28 36 37 38 39 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top