Join for free
Page 38 of 52 « First < 28 36 37 38 39 40 48 > Last »
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-05-2018, 11:24 PM

Re: Jerusalem

It's all fake news and trickery Annie ....

The US Ambassador to Israel fell foul of it too.
He was given a poster size aerial photo where some smart ass had edited out the Al-Aqsa Mosque and Dome of the Rock and replaced it with a Third Temple.

He was not a happy bunny getting landed in the middle of the controversy over it.

https://edition.cnn.com/2018/05/23/m...ntl/index.html
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-05-2018, 11:31 PM

The reason Jerusalem should not have been tainted with this capital dispute is that it just makes it a target of extremists on both sides. Bickered over like a child in a loveless marriage. It should be left alone and shared among the three faiths.
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-05-2018, 11:32 PM

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
Here's a new development that could be interesting ...or considered more provocation.
I sincerely hope it comes to nothing.

After Jerusalem Is the Golan Heights next?

Israel is pressing the Trump administration to recognize its sovereignty over the occupied Golan Heights, an Israeli cabinet minister said on Wednesday, predicting U.S. assent could come within months.

It was captured from the Syrians 51 years ago in the 1967 war.
Israeli settlers moved into the area.
And annexed the territory in 1980 .... which is not officially recognised.
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-m...-idUSKCN1IO2YU

To me, this seems land grab pure and simple. It's one thing to claim Israel need to defend themselves and safeguard their own security but riding high on a wave of support from Trump they're now risking turning into one of the main aggressors in the ME.
Do they really seek a peaceful solution or just provocation?

I wonder how the world would react if any other ME country filched land from Israel, occupied it and annexed it?
Would there be an outcry or call to arms to restore it back to them?

Aiding Peace In The Middle East - The Israeli Way.

the original map of Israel??

https://theisraelbible.com/biblical-...s-land-israel/

not land grab - re-possession?
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-05-2018, 11:47 PM

and one for puddled duck as I know she peeps in:

These borders reflect the promise that God made to Avraham in Genesis 17:8 “And I will give unto thee, and to thy seed after thee, the land of thy sojournings, all the land of Canaan, for an everlasting possession.” Though these are the basic borders of the Land of Israel, it is possible to expand beyond these borders as seen, for example, in Numbers 32.

any problem with phrase "an everlasting possession" PD?? or have they removed that from all Cof E documents??
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-05-2018, 11:50 PM

Originally Posted by gumbud ->
the original map of Israel??

https://theisraelbible.com/biblical-...s-land-israel/

not land grab - re-possession?
Well you can't have it all ways though can you?

If the general consensus on here is to disregard 'ancient biblical stuff' as having no credence, relevancy or carry any weight.... that map is redundant and been overtaken by events.
One of the most notable 'the Crusades' ..when the Pope backed crusades from the West to win back Jerusalem from the Muslims (Turks) ..... for the Christians.

Now ..on the other hand if we are to accept the redrawn (again) map of modern Israel to include their occupied territories where does that realistically leave us?
In an ongoing state of war in the ME where Iran or Syria or any of Israel's neighbours also have the right to win land through war and keep it.

If Iran were to attack Israel tomorrow could anyone complain or vilify Muslims without sounding hypocritical?
I bet Saddam wish he'd had these rules of engagement when he went into Iraq... and Assad must feel real peeved as he's gone nowhere except got embroiled in a Civil War in his own country.
It's all madness.

I'm rather open to any avenue which might offer peace in the ME, but where none are disadvantaged at expense of another greedy nation.
Yeh, I know .... a pipe dream.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England

24-05-2018, 12:01 AM

Originally Posted by gumbud ->
and one for puddled duck as I know she peeps in:

These borders reflect the promise that God made to Avraham in Genesis 17:8 “And I will give unto thee, and to thy seed after thee, the land of thy sojournings, all the land of Canaan, for an everlasting possession.” Though these are the basic borders of the Land of Israel, it is possible to expand beyond these borders as seen, for example, in Numbers 32.

any problem with phrase "an everlasting possession" PD?? or have they removed that from all Cof E documents??
You do know that the Canaanites were slaughtered by the early Israelites to achieve this? Genocide. Ethnic cleansing.
Recent DNA tests have shown that not all perished and their descendants are in Lebanon.
Should they become aware of this do you think they should return and claim Jerusalem as theirs and demand it back?

Either you ascribe to the ancient stuff 'totally' or you ignore all of it. You don't cherry pick the bits you like and bin the rest. .. and it seems pointless to be banging on about the C of E unless it's just to annoy someone you seem to have a problem with.

Myself, I'd rather avoid the religious stuff and Godly promises. After all, none of it was written by any God or Prophet.
It is simply put ... powerful stuff written by Men for Men.
Must have been the chaps who also dreamt up these manuals on 'How to Influence People & Make Friends'.
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia

24-05-2018, 12:07 AM

hmm - well I'm glad you've got that off your chest or breasts or whatever - now down to the more serious stuff - bourbon and cuban - always relaxing at the end of a strenuous day - ice in yours Mort??
Morticia
Chatterbox
England

24-05-2018, 12:09 AM

Go on then ... I don't mind supping with the Devil.
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia

24-05-2018, 12:13 AM

You do know that the Canaanites were slaughtered by the early Israelites to achieve this? Genocide. Ethnic cleansing.
Recent DNA tests have shown that not all perished and their descendants are in Lebanon.
Should they become aware of this do you think they should return and claim Jerusalem as theirs and demand it back?

ah dear old Lebanon I remember it well - once sited as the "Paris of the middle east" a jewel in the crown etc - now look at it - spoilt by the Jews? - NO - internal squabbling as cited in the bible - and I paraphrase " .....they will fight forever more cousin with cousin ; brother with brother; like the wild donkeys of the desert" - yes wild donkeys is an accurate and appropriate description - my young grandson asked me recently " Pops [cute heh] why are all those men screaming all the time as he viewed a newsreel of Gaza protests " - yes why indeed - like the wild donkeys of the desert. I've started him on Book 1 - Genesis! - compulsory kindergarten reading
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia

24-05-2018, 12:41 AM

watch the doco by Ross Kemp - this illustrates it as clearly as the bible describes it - he goes to Lebanon - yes dear Lebanon were Sunnis and Shias can be found together in the same neighborhoods and they shoot across at each other in the same street - no Jews there just Arabs - he talks to a Shia arms dealer who describes how he hates the Sunnis with a passion. Muslims hating Muslims - brothers fighting brothers like wild donkeys of the desert

AND then send thousands of their men to Syria - to fight Jews?? no - to fight Muslims again and again and again!

Page 38 of 52 « First < 28 36 37 38 39 40 48 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top