Join for free
Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4
Linda0818
USA
Linda0818 is female  Linda0818 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-01-2016, 04:59 PM

Re: What would you rather live without

Definitely my phone. I hate phones. I hate talking on phones.

Yet I feel naked if I leave the house without it

However, I need my computer for lots of things; work as well as leisure.
Hawkeye
Devon UK
Hawkeye is male  Hawkeye has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-01-2016, 05:05 PM

The mobile, easily. It is just there for my benefit and I never answer it unless I have prearranged for a family member to call the number. The number is never ever, given to anyone else and if mobile number is requested on forms, I put 'none'. The last job I did involved my using a Blackberry all day and the damn thing never stopped either ringing or emails, never again.
ScottishCatLady
Moray, Scotland.
ScottishCatLady is female  ScottishCatLady has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-01-2016, 05:32 PM

Originally Posted by Aysa ->
Your laptop/tablet/PC............or your Smart fone/regular mobile?
I don't know... I like and use both, but in an ideal world I'd like to get rid of both and go back to the good old days when you just had a land line and a typewriter!
Lila
London UK
Lila is female  Lila has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-01-2016, 06:11 PM

Yes, I hate phones too. I have to remember to pick up my messages. I have to remember to charge mobile up (and keep track of all these different chargers). I have to remember to check the balance and put more money on it. I have to remember to switch it on occasionally. I have to remember to take it with me.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-01-2016, 07:43 AM

I just discovered my info is well out of date.

If you can make do with 1Gb of data then unlimited calls, unlimited SMS and MMS including international (SMS and MMS not calls) will only cost you $24.90 (£12.50) a month. Which makes it even less obvious why would you bother to have a land line.

Someone mentioned the difficulty of remembering to charge the the phone; so easy... put it on charge when you go to bed, when you get up you unplug it and put it in your pocket.

Easy as... I mean you remembered to wind up your watch or your alarm clock, clean your teeth... didn't you?
Lila
London UK
Lila is female  Lila has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-02-2016, 08:36 AM

I don't need to wind up watches or alarm clocks nowadays.

Teeth cleaning is more automatic as we were taught to do that from infancy. Anyway, you soon notice the taste if you don't.
Maddy
somewwhere.....
Maddy is female  Maddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-02-2016, 10:08 AM

my mobile ...life was easier then ..use the fone when i get in to ring someone ... dont like smart fones or any mobiles ...even tho i got one ...
Linda0818
USA
Linda0818 is female  Linda0818 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-02-2016, 01:01 PM

Originally Posted by Maddy ->
my mobile ...life was easier then ..use the fone when i get in to ring someone ... dont like smart fones or any mobiles ...even tho i got one ...
I just have a basic phone. It's one of those 'smart dumbphones', that acts like a smartphone at times (touch screen and that sort of thing) but it's still not a smartphone and I don't WANT a smartphone. I have no desire to surf the web on my phone or check email on my phone (even though I could with my current one, but I don't bother) so I don't see any use paying extra money for data I'll never use. My son and his dad both have smartphones, but I stay old school. As crazy as it sounds, I actually miss my little flip phone. I do, however, appreciate the keyboard style of textring, though, because I text my boss messages with bits and pieces of info regarding work and that's mostly to avoid getting on the phone with him. He's a talker and once he starts, he doesn't shut up and a "quick phone call" to say what I have to say and then hang up just doesn't happen with him. He starts rambling on and on and on about all this other crap, so I avoid getting on the phone with him as much as possible.
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK
Rachel is female  Rachel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-02-2016, 01:07 PM

Don't use a mobile phone ... LERVE my iPad

Bought it as a stop gap while my Mac was getting a new hard drive but am now thoroughly addicted to it. It comes to bed with me too

Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top