Join for free
Page 4 of 63 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 > Last »
Nobaggage
Cornwall UK/ Carcassonne France
Nobaggage is female  Nobaggage has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-05-2013, 10:37 AM

Re: Film - the most recent you have seen?

The life of py ... brilliant film, not often I say the film is better than the book but it is .... and I loved the book so was expecting to be dissapointed.
It is just as you imagined it.
maggis
Adelaide South Australia
maggis is female  maggis has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-05-2013, 01:29 PM

We watched The Hobbit at the weekend, I thought it was quite good, also watched Water for Elephants and really enjoyed it, good story and good acting, OH is impatient for Django Unchained to come out on Foxtel Later this year., s'posed to be very good too.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-05-2013, 01:37 PM

Interested in 'Water for elephants' - whats it about ....?
maggis
Adelaide South Australia
maggis is female  maggis has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-05-2013, 02:00 PM

Basic plot is about an old man telling of his younger days , how he was studying to be a vet,then stuff happens and he finds work as a circus vet and ends up training an elephant while teaching the circus owners Mrs how to ride him , it's a great film, anyway the owner threatens to kill the elephant and ........ no more! ye'll have to watch it

Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-05-2013, 02:06 PM

I will definitely look for the DVD of that !
Thanks gal
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-05-2013, 04:27 PM

Just watched Brideshead Revisited. Thoroughly enjoyed it. Unrequited love, desire and low and behold the practically untouchable subject matter (on here anyways ) religious zeal. You can catch it for a while on BBC iPlayer here:

Bridehead Revisited
Alicat
West Berkshire
Alicat is female  Alicat has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-05-2013, 06:43 PM

I watched a Mike Leigh film last night on the tv called "Another Year", it was brilliant. I like Mike Leigh plays and films. I'm going to buy it on DVD now.
JustMe
Yorkshire, UK
JustMe is female  JustMe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-05-2013, 06:44 PM

the last film I went to see at Cinema was Les Miserables and I absolutely loved it, so much so I went to see it for a second time. Russell Crowe can't really sing in my mind but yet boy did he pull off the part he played, Hugh Jackman was brilliant too *swoon*
maggis
Adelaide South Australia

28-05-2013, 01:01 PM

Ah yes, lurve our Hugh! i haven't seen it yet and looking forward to it, watched a review and when asked about the 'singing' Russell said that it didn't matter and the director wanted drama rather opera but I never miss anything with Jackman in it, last of his I saw was 'Real Steel' and thoroughly enjoyed it.
daisymay
South Wales Valleys
daisymay is female  daisymay has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-05-2013, 02:47 PM

Last night my son decided to download the recent remake of Total Recall. Judgement? Well I have to say that I loved the original a classic/iconic movie imho but if this latest version is watched as a 'total' new movie then it was okay. That is if you like non stop action, cos this has non stop in spades. Okay to while away a couple of hours, Although by the time Beckinsale's character died I was ready to shout 'at last' she was more indestructible than the flippin Terminator.

Page 4 of 63 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top