Join for free
Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-04-2017, 02:16 PM

Re: Not a good start

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Shameless hussy aint I Nommy, fancy a gal having to let the pressure out of her boiler to get someone round.

Hey Nom, I've just had a phone call, and a roofing chap is just coming round. Now I shall have one on my roof and one in the boiler cupboard too.
My goodness, I shall be spoilt for choice. .

Time was, when a demure maid `dropped` her kerchief in the hope that the man she was interested in picked it up and returned it so could then use it as an excuse to get to know each other.

What you are doing is entrapment - deliberately luring one or more blokes to your home on the pretext of topping you up (so to speak)
longfellow
Chatterbox
Penthouse in Essex overlooking the Thames.
longfellow is male  longfellow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-04-2017, 02:20 PM

Yep LD is spot on Mups.

Also if you have changed hot water/central heating from your old boiler which was gravity (old standing tank) to a Combi which is pressure.
That can sometimes put pressure on old joints and they leak.
I had to have all my piping dropped to the ground floor because when this house was built all the piping to the ground level was put under cement and no way was I having them dig up the floors with their jackhammers to find the leaks.

It was also less costly.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-04-2017, 02:27 PM

I haven't got time to answer all these unfair innuendo's being cast my way today. I will not have all these aspersions cast upon my rather splendid and honest character. You will give me a bad reputation.

Anyway, what's a gal supposed to do, I ran out of lace kerchief's decades ago, you've got to move with the times young man.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-04-2017, 02:52 PM

Right. The latest installment is, the nice young boiler man has just been.
He didn't think there was a problem, so has topped the pressure back up and we will see how it goes. He said it ought to be done a couple of times a year really, and mine hadn been done since I had a service last August/Sept.

Dongles dear, I have just fixed a plastic bag to that pipe outside to see if any water drips in. The ground and pipework all looked dry, but the bag will tell me, and I have sealed it up so rain shouldn't get in and worry me.

I'll keep a close eye on the pressure, and if it goes again, then I shall definitely know I have got a problem and he'll have to come back again.

Bless heart, he didn't even charge me, how about that then. What a nice man.
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-04-2017, 02:53 PM

Mups, if you can find the overflow ( copper) pipe, put a clear plastic bag over it, then if you have a pressure problem, you will see the bag filling with water, it may have a blue tinge to it, so you might need a pressure valve or whatever your boiler uses, mine did this and it was a kind of bag encased in metal , cost about 80quid , inc labour , probably cost pence to make
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

17-04-2017, 03:02 PM

Originally Posted by Primus1 ->
Mups, if you can find the overflow ( copper) pipe, put a clear plastic bag over it, then if you have a pressure problem, you will see the bag filling with water, it may have a blue tinge to it, so you might need a pressure valve or whatever your boiler uses, mine did this and it was a kind of bag encased in metal , cost about 80quid , inc labour , probably cost pence to make

Primus, you were just one minute too late posting that
If you see the previous post, that is exactly what I have done.
But thank you anyway.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-04-2017, 05:25 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
I'm sure Longdong is going to say so soon but, yes, bleeding radiators will often need the boiler pressure topping up.
I understand it can also be because the pressure vessel needs re-charging (with air).

But that's another thing that ladies don't understand!

Thanks for answering Art, JBR. I have been busy digging over my garden.

Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top