Join for free
Page 4 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5 >
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-08-2012, 10:47 PM

Re: A Wee Bit of Advice Please....

Brilliant news Roxy!
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-08-2012, 07:28 AM

Originally Posted by Roxy ->
Woo Hoo I feel like Cartwheeling round the Yard. I'm not Diabetic after all. The Doc wants me to eat more Healthy, Use that Slow Cooker I bought and use Brown Bread not White ect. I've to have that Fasting Test every Year just to keep a Check.
Oh wow Roxy darlin!!! - that's wonderful news - so now go get the venison and reindeer steaks and cook 'em in the slow cooker - I know that once you've tried 'em, like me, you'll love the flavour.
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-08-2012, 08:49 AM

Geoff, I really have no idea where I'd get them in Thurso. There's only the one Butcher and next time I'm in Town I'll ask. May be able to get the Venison but doubt I'll get any other......This is a place of good Scotch Beef lol
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-08-2012, 08:50 AM

Thankyou All for your Comments.......I really was worried about it.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-08-2012, 09:01 AM

Geoff, I really have no idea where I'd get them in Thurso. There's only the one Butcher and next time I'm in Town I'll ask. May be able to get the Venison but doubt I'll get any other......This is a place of good Scotch Beef lol
Alright Roxy darlin' - a nice piece of Roast beef to start off with will be fine. place a saucer (upside down) in the slow cooker - rest beef joint on saucer (saucer is there to stop joint sticking to bottom of slow cooker). Add a small amount of red wine or Port, and switch on. If you cook joint overnight on the Saturday (ready for your Sunday roast) the smell in your kitchen early on Sunday morning will be truly magnificent.
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.

24-08-2012, 09:15 AM

Ok Geoff, I'll give it a Bash. Rags got me a good Cook Book for the Slow Cooker and I made Cantonese Pork yesterday served with Boiled Rice...enough for 4. I was going to freeze some for another day. BUT The Laird kept going back for more, he wolfed the lot lol.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK

24-08-2012, 11:57 AM

Ok Geoff, I'll give it a Bash. Rags got me a good Cook Book for the Slow Cooker and I made Cantonese Pork yesterday served with Boiled Rice...enough for 4. I was going to freeze some for another day. BUT The Laird kept going back for more, he wolfed the lot lol.

Kitty
London
Kitty is female  Kitty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-08-2012, 11:52 PM

glad to hear alls well you can relax now
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK

25-08-2012, 07:31 AM

Roxy darlin' - try a pork joint, buy some cider, put joint in slow cooker and pour 1/2 - 3/4 Pt cider over it, clap lid on and switch on. Again if you cook it overnight, the smell in your kitchen the following morning will be absolutely delightful!!!
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.

25-08-2012, 12:47 PM

Dageus sleeps in the Kitchen.....I'd have a Hung Over Dog in the Morning lol

Page 4 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top