Join for free
Page 4 of 7 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire
Mollie is female  Mollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-03-2012, 12:12 AM

Re: Fuel Strike.

Thanks for that information, Mags.

In this area I'd heard that the garages mentioned, such as Morrison's and Tesco were inundated with queues of traffic, which I assume is because the fuel is cheaper at those stations.

For me to get to any of those outlets, I'd have to use up precious petrol, so I searched locally and found one down in the village. Okay, it may be more expensive but, as I use little fuel, hopefully it will last me a good while.

What annoyed me tonight though was, when I went to pay, the guy behind the counter was tutting with every new car that came in for fuel. He should have been doing a merry dance! It's probably the hardest he's "worked" in years, taking money off folk!
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-03-2012, 07:31 AM

I think it was a ploy by the government to get more revenue in to pay off Labour debts.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-03-2012, 09:17 AM

My neighbour has been on holiday to Dorset and spent most of yesterday trying to get petrol to drive home. Some garages were empty others limited the amount people could buy .
He just managed to get enough to reach home.
The Dog Lover
Watford
The Dog Lover is female  The Dog Lover has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-03-2012, 09:59 AM

I think the weekend is going to be a nightmare at the garages and could cause real traffic problems as queues spill out onto the roads. I have a half a tank of diesel so don't think I shall bother. Good luck to all that need to fill up. Pack a lunch box to take with you just in case !
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-03-2012, 10:27 AM

Yesterday I couldn't get near a Garage for long Queues so.......I got up really early 4am actually and went off to the Garage.....I got right in and up to the Pumps. I then filled the tank up and called in at the 24 Hour Tesco on the way home. Now I have a full tank and my car's stopping off the road unless some kind of emergency arises. If I need to go out then I'll use the Bus. If the Strike goes ahead then I'll order my Groceries on line from Tesco. Not going to play the Scrabble for Fuel Game, I won't go to the Newfie Getogether on Easter Sunday either, I'll wait a few Months till the next one. Hate Strikes with every Fibre of my Being.....sighs.
The Dog Lover
Watford
The Dog Lover is female  The Dog Lover has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-03-2012, 10:37 AM

I agree Roxy its not worth the hassle. I've only had my new car a week as well and I've hardly used it Like you I don't need to use it much and can find an alternative. Not going anywhere over Easter either so better off than some who really need to use their car. Go for some nice walks with my dogs and forget about it
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-03-2012, 12:32 PM

I understand it has been announced there will be no tanker drivers strike before Easter.

A woman was seriously burnt this morning when filling a petrol can in her kitchen .
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england...shire-17560534
The Dog Lover
Watford

30-03-2012, 01:23 PM

Yes nothing before Easter now

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-17558294
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-03-2012, 02:24 PM

Actually it's after Easter I'm more worried about. We've (my daughter and I) booked and paid for a place on Orkney and also got our Ferry Tickets if this strike is on then we'll lose our holiday as well. I can get back up to Thurso from Perth (where I am the now) by Train but I need the car for when I get there as we live 5 Miles along the Coast from Thurso, I'll also need the car on Orkney. This Strike threat has me Spitting Bullets everywhere. I came down to Perth last Week as I had things to see to at my own house and he's due down to join me next Week....if he can get Fuel. Sooooo Hacked off.
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire
Mollie is female  Mollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-03-2012, 11:05 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
I understand it has been announced there will be no tanker drivers strike before Easter.

A woman was seriously burnt this morning when filling a petrol can in her kitchen .
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england...shire-17560534
What a stupid, stupid person! Why would anybody bring petrol into their kitchen, most especially with the cooker turned on.

Page 4 of 7 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top