Join for free
Page 4 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5 >
shaz
Manchester, lancs
shaz is female  shaz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-01-2012, 09:54 PM

Re: Tessa

We lost our Molly at the age of 12 she had a stroke and was not well for a while. Jock was 13 and passed seven weeks after Molly, just fell asleep.
I think he missed her nagging him. We decided to get Lulu about 5 weeks later, but had to wait for 6 weeks for her, because she was to young to leave her mother. I would have loved another Scottie, but it just would not have felt right. We did say at first, no more dogs. But the house felt empty, and my OH was lost without a dog to walk.
marpaul
North Cumbria
marpaul is female  marpaul has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-01-2012, 12:51 AM

Thanks for your suggestion AB, what a lovely idea. I do have windows 7 and I'm going to start sorting out some photos of Tessa and other pets past and present as well as some other favourite photos to put on a screensaver. Hadn't thought of doing that before
anniemuldoon
N Cumbria
anniemuldoon is female  anniemuldoon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-01-2012, 05:54 PM

I would like to say one of my oldest friends Elizabeth Riley(Betty) has died in Blackpool. She was a ray of sunshine and loved to party, always arranged the Christmas Dinner and we would boogie for hours.She was a dog lover as well and had three sons. She was 87 and will be greatly missed by all her friends.
anniemuldoon
N Cumbria
anniemuldoon is female  anniemuldoon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-01-2012, 05:55 PM

Betty I just called to say I love you.
marpaul
North Cumbria
marpaul is female  marpaul has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-01-2012, 05:57 PM

So sorry to hear this Annie
anniemuldoon
N Cumbria

10-01-2012, 08:07 PM

Thankyou, she is the first friend I have lost.
marpaul
North Cumbria

11-01-2012, 12:30 AM

that will be quite hard for you then Annie. Did you get to meet up often?
marpaul
North Cumbria

11-01-2012, 12:32 AM

Originally Posted by shaz ->
We lost our Molly at the age of 12 she had a stroke and was not well for a while. Jock was 13 and passed seven weeks after Molly, just fell asleep.
I think he missed her nagging him. We decided to get Lulu about 5 weeks later, but had to wait for 6 weeks for her, because she was to young to leave her mother. I would have loved another Scottie, but it just would not have felt right. We did say at first, no more dogs. But the house felt empty, and my OH was lost without a dog to walk.
Aw that's a shame that you lost Jock so soon after Molly. Tessa had something like a stroke which she never fully recovered from. Did Molly have a tilted head after the stroke? Its nice that you have another dog to go walking with
shaz
Manchester, lancs
shaz is female  shaz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-01-2012, 01:04 AM

I don't remember if her head tilted. She was not herself after the stroke. we did not think she would pass so soon after the stroke, (6 weeks). Jock was a terrible shock. Husband took him for his walk in the morning. Said he was slow walking this morning. We went shopping came back, and found him asleep on the floor. Still miss them.
Lulu very different from Jock and Mollie. They all have their own personalities.
So glad you have your animals to keep you busy. They are company, and we talk to them like they are our children.
shaz
Manchester, lancs

11-01-2012, 01:06 AM

So sorry to hear you have lost your friend Annie.

Page 4 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top