Join for free
Page 4 of 6 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 >
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-08-2015, 09:40 PM

Re: Anyone want a dog?

Aha, so there you are! I've missed your daft comments.

Glad you're back safe.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-08-2015, 11:27 PM

Well, we had some good news for a change.
They don't think Nellie's knees are bad enough at the moment to operate on.
They said they will monitor them each time we go for anything, but so far so good.
Apparently this problem is graded on a 1 - 4 grade system. 1 is the lowest, and they operate if it gets to Grade 2. At the moment Nellie is still grade 1.
He gave her such a nice cuddle, and she was a shameless hussy and smothered him in kisses before we left. He said she was lovely!

Isn't it so much easier to take a dog that isn't terrified of the vet.

opheila
North Jersey, US
opheila is female  opheila has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-08-2015, 03:44 AM

Glad to hear good news! About dogs fearing the vet, Sophie sits there quivering ready to jump out of her skin. Callie is the perfect gentleman, he tries to drown everyone including the doctor in kisses.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-08-2015, 08:47 AM

That great news Mups Nellie could remain on grade 1 it doesn't change on all dogs. She is a smallish light breed which is a bonus .

This may be something to consider..
http://canine-hydrotherapy.org/find-a-centre.html

http://www.narch.org.uk/for-dog-owners.cfm
there are some in your county.
Is Nellie insured, if so the treatment may be covered.
Also look at diet, salmon oil is good and special excercise to strengthen muscles.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

21-08-2015, 09:29 AM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
That great news Mups Nellie could remain on grade 1 it doesn't change on all dogs. She is a smallish light breed which is a bonus .

This may be something to consider..
http://canine-hydrotherapy.org/find-a-centre.html

http://www.narch.org.uk/for-dog-owners.cfm
there are some in your county.
Is Nellie insured, if so the treatment may be covered.
Also look at diet, salmon oil is good and special excercise to strengthen muscles.

Thanks for that Meg, I'll look into all that shortly. (I've got that wretched surveyor coming in a mo). They already have Salmon Oil from Lintbells.
She's not insured, I couldn't afford to insure 5. The vet estimated around £700 is he does have to do it later. I think that was for both knees, not just the worst one.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

26-08-2015, 12:44 AM

Meg, I've gone through the links you sent, and I can't find anyone in my area?
I think first, it would be an idea to ask the vet when I go next time, whether hydrotherapy or physio would help Nellie. I imagine she would hate it and I wouldn't want to make her unhappy.

I worked for a short time before I retired at a boarding kennels near me, that had a hydrotherapy pool. The wife did the grooming and accounts and husband did the kennels and hydro pool. It is a big pool (24' x 14', it's not one of those treadmill tanks some people use. Someone is is in the water with the dog at all times though. I know he qualified over 10 years ago, but couldn't see him on those lists.

Thankyou for the suggestions and trying to help.
opheila
North Jersey, US
opheila is female  opheila has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-08-2015, 04:15 AM

Just be careful, pet insurance in the US considers bad knees to be a pre-existing condition...breed? age? I don't know. No pet insurance here would cover Callie's surgery. Find out down to the letter.
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-08-2015, 07:52 PM

Ah, these are such lovely stories about your pets, I love to hear them so very much.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

26-08-2015, 11:32 PM

Thanks Apricot. The little horrors keep me busy, amused, and happy, when I'm not worrying about them anyway!
I do love 'em - even naughty Nellie!
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-09-2015, 06:26 PM

One just for you Mups

https://uk.screen.yahoo.com/dogs-and...090000241.html

Page 4 of 6 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top