Join for free
Page 4 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5 >
anniemuldoon
N Cumbria
anniemuldoon is female  anniemuldoon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-07-2012, 03:39 PM

Re: New thread for joyce.

You and Joyce have a nice day James, remember to eat and drink yourself.
Janela
Fondly Remembered
Essex UK
Janela is female  Janela has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-07-2012, 07:21 PM

Jim, I hope it went well today.
We were visiting my mum every day and we got told by the staff to take the weekend off - apparently, we looked tired and it was obvious we were not eating properly.
My mum would have been furious with me, if her precious son-in-law had been unwell
What I'm trying to say is, you will be of no use to Joyce at all, if you are ill. Cut down the hours you spend with her for a few days, get some proper rest and cook yourself a decent meal or two.
Jimbo
Aberdeen,UK
Jimbo is male  Jimbo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-07-2012, 11:26 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
James, you are an inspiration in the way you are always there, looking to comfort Joyce. I hope you are looking after yourself as well by eating proper meals, you need to keep your strength up too.

Another thought for Joyce ..... does she like bananas? If so, take in a well ripened banana and mash that up for her, maybe add crushed biscuit crumbs to add sustenance.
Hello Mags...Joyce used to love bananas.

Bad day today im afraid....Joyce can only take a sip of water or tea....thats all she had today. Had a run in with the staff nurse today (last weeks shift were lovely) She wasnt too pleased with me giving her these drinks.....I said what do you think I have been doing these last 10 days or so. I never see any of you doing anything.....are you trying to starve her....she just walked away. I carried on trying to give Joyce a sip or two of coffee.
The staff nurse last week said I could ask for anything I like ie yoghurt.icecream,mousse etc.
Joyce would not take any yoghurt today...just clamped her mouth shut tight.
She didnt utter a word today.
I noticed her bottom teeth were missing.....male nurse said he had taken them out for cleaning and couldnt put them back......I said You took them out,you should put them back....I put them back myself later.
Like I said a bad day.
Someone has posted that I should cook myself some good meals......I havent eaten so well for months......I eat out all the time.
Tomorrow is another day.
James
mesco m
manchester
mesco m is female  mesco m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-07-2012, 11:50 PM

I'm really pleased to hear that you eat out all the time, Jim.

No point cooking for yourself if you are happy to eat out. It gets you out of the house and you have a little time to yourself.
anniemuldoon
N Cumbria
anniemuldoon is female  anniemuldoon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-07-2012, 07:02 PM

Oh I think a lot of us were worried you wernt eating, so I for one am glad that you eat out,it will give you some stamina, have some hot milk when you go to bed it will help to relax you so you will get some sleep. Thinking of you both Annie.
Jimbo
Aberdeen,UK
Jimbo is male  Jimbo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-07-2012, 10:50 PM

Visited today as usual.................Joyce just lying there,no teeth.....I would not like anyone seeing her like this.

She had just a hospital gown on......I got them to put on her nightdress.

She didnt respond at all to me.

She had nothing to sip all day.....she wouldnt take anything.

Is this dieing with digity.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-07-2012, 10:59 PM

My thoughts and prayers are with you through this terrible time James.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-07-2012, 11:41 PM

Oh James, I'm so sorry things weren't so good today.

Thinking of you both.....*hugs*
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire
Mollie is female  Mollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-07-2012, 12:23 AM

Quite honestly I'm a bit angry about the way Joyce is being treated by the staff. No matter what her condition, she should have an appearance of dignity i.e. teeth in, hair brushed, bathed, clean nightie, etc.

She may well be totally unaware of her appearance now, but that's no reason to ignore such a lady who most likely took a great pride in herself.

James, I feel deeply for you old lad, I truly do. I won't be a hypocrite as I don't do praying, but I do do feeling.

Take care old friend. This must be a very difficult time for you, but you do have to look after yourself, as hard as that may be right now. xx
dollie
west sussex
dollie is female  dollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-07-2012, 07:57 AM

that is terrible james for dear joyce to be treated that way i hope you complained about it....hospitals are so understaffed nowadays that patients dont seem to be cared for properly ie their everyday needs...

Page 4 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top