Join for free
Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4
Hanfonius
North Wales
Hanfonius is male  Hanfonius has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-08-2015, 10:26 AM

Re: Colin Fry

What type of tree, Meg?
It would be nice to let somebody know in advance.

I think I should like to be a weeping willow, but that means being beside a river. Hmmm...
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-08-2015, 11:35 AM

Originally Posted by Hanfonius ->
What type of tree, Meg?
It would be nice to let somebody know in advance.

I think I should like to be a weeping willow, but that means being beside a river. Hmmm...
I will have what I am given I think Han I am having a informal woodland burial .
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-08-2015, 10:54 PM

[QUOTE=Hanfonius;698851]Personally, I agree with Mups. I do not believe in the everlasting soul. or that part of us moves over into another dimension. Nor do I believe that there is anything 'out there' for us to contact.

However, when it comes to those people who claim to have the ability to talk to the dead, I think they fall into two groups - those who really believe they can, and those who know they cannot. The first group are few and far between, and I think they are delusional.

Ah, but anyone can 'talk to the dead' Hans. People talk to photo's or gravestones of loved ones all the time - it's getting a reply that's the tricky bit!

Seriously though, mull this over if you will.
When we are dying, and the last of our energy is fading, what if our spirit could free itself from the broken old body and go. Many people, including nurses who are with dying patients have said they have actually seen something 'fly away.' Once it has gone, the body would definitely be dead because the energy would have left.

OK, with me so far?

Next, our bodies are carted off and eventually burned or buried or whatever, so I agree with Meg about it wouldn't be possible to contact it. The physical body is totally gone.

BUT, what about the part that left just before death?
THAT's the part certain people can still contact.
This is not something that can be done to order, anytime they feel like it. Unless that spirit wants to communicate, there will be no contact. It has to be a two-way thing.

This is what I think happens. I am not a religious nut, I don't even have to go to church to know what I believe. Neither do I go round knocking on doors or preaching to people, it's just my personal belief, which has been backed up on occasions.

BTW, until 1997, when Dad died, I would have never believed any such thing, and would have been one of the first to think someone was off their trolley who thought otherwise, but circumstances change, and so do we.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-08-2015, 10:59 PM

[QUOTE=Hanfonius;698851]Personally, I agree with Mups. I do not believe in the everlasting soul.

Didn't you mean you agree with Meg?
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-08-2015, 11:12 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Ah, but anyone can 'talk to the dead' Hans. People talk to photo's or gravestones of loved ones all the time - it's getting a reply that's the tricky bit!

Seriously though, mull this over if you will.
When we are dying, and the last of our energy is fading, what if our spirit could free itself from the broken old body and go. Many people, including nurses who are with dying patients have said they have actually seen something 'fly away.' Once it has gone, the body would definitely be dead because the energy would have left.

OK, with me so far?

Next, our bodies are carted off and eventually burned or buried or whatever, so I agree with Meg about it wouldn't be possible to contact it. The physical body is totally gone.

BUT, what about the part that left just before death?
THAT's the part certain people can still contact.
This is not something that can be done to order, anytime they feel like it. Unless that spirit wants to communicate, there will be no contact. It has to be a two-way thing.

This is what I think happens. I am not a religious nut, I don't even have to go to church to know what I believe. Neither do I go round knocking on doors or preaching to people, it's just my personal belief, which has been backed up on occasions.

BTW, until 1997, when Dad died, I would have never believed any such thing, and would have been one of the first to think someone was off their trolley who thought otherwise, but circumstances change, and so do we.
Mups if you want to believe such things and it brings comfort to you that is all well and good and nothing to do with anyone else.

I have had many jobs including Nursing Auxilliary working night and I have seen may people die. This includes my Father, Sister and Husband and I have never seen anything 'fly away '.

The human mind is a strange thing, it is easy to convince ourselves something happened when it didn't and to read into coincidences things and meanings which are not really there.

Ask any police officer , they will tell you any number of people can witness the same thing and each will give a different account.

I used to joke with my husband that whichever of us died first would come back and haunt the other.
It didn't happen and believe me if it was possible to have come back in any way he would have done .
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

30-08-2015, 11:19 PM

Fair enough Meg. I'm not interested in trying to convert anyone, it's each to their own isn't it.
I'm not sure I find it so much a 'comfort' as a very interesting subject the more I've learnt.

Oh well, it keeps me off the streets, smoking dope and mugging old ladies.
Emjay
Chatterbox
London UK
Emjay is male  Emjay has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-08-2015, 09:00 AM

There are many people that 'hope' that there is something more after death.
But they will not know until they die. Or they will not because they are dead, and as I already said, their light has gone out.

Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top