Join for free
Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4
Suzuki Sue
Chatterbox
West Yorkshire
Suzuki Sue is female  Suzuki Sue has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-03-2016, 08:35 AM

Re: Vegetarianiasm

I think why i eat meat is because it was brought to the table when i was a young child. I know that they was beef, pork, lamb, chicken and fish. But wouldn't dream of eating a Rabbit or a Duck to me these were more like pets. But i suppose if they was nothing else to eat in this world you would have to eat them to survive!
malcolm
Chatterbox
UK
malcolm is male  malcolm has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-03-2016, 08:49 AM

Originally Posted by CailinRua ->
Also animals are living creatures and as such have souls and by eating them I am not only impeding their path to Heaven but also mine
The very air that you breathe is alive with living organisms which you ingest with every breath....looks like you ain't goin' to heaven !
Deborah2307
Weymouth Dorset
Deborah2307 is female  Deborah2307 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-03-2016, 10:55 AM

I have been a vegetarian for 37 years, I never could eat fish/seafood as I am allergic to it. I dont like the taste of meat, that was my reason for giving it up but now I just think we dont need it and I have issues with killing anything when you dont need to.
Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs
Older git is male  Older git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-03-2016, 11:21 AM

As I commented earlier if I have guests who are vegetarians I serve it. Plenty of nice dishes to choose from. I just happen to like meat as well. What I do not like is when either camp try to score points off each other
malcolm
Chatterbox
UK
malcolm is male  malcolm has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-03-2016, 12:07 PM

Originally Posted by Older git ->
As I commented earlier if I have guests who are vegetarians I serve it. Plenty of nice dishes to choose from. I just happen to like meat as well. What I do not like is when either camp try to score points off each other
It's not about scoring points it's about waking up to reality !
If our long gone ancestors had relied on nuts and berries for nourishment and sustenance we would not be on the planet !
We would have died out as a species thousands of years ago !
Old Dog
Suffolk
Old Dog is male  Old Dog has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-03-2016, 09:18 PM

Find it a little odd to hear people saying because they love and respect animals they couldn't eat them....but many of those same animals do exactly that to each other!

Humans are designed to be Omnivores and I have no problem with eating meat provided the animal has not been ill treated and has been humanely slaughtered.

It's easy to criticise those who shop in Supermarkets for their meat products but not everyone can afford to be choosy about how they feed their families.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-03-2016, 09:47 PM

Hi

I do not object to anyone being vegetarian, I quite like vegetarian food.

I what I do object to is the smug way in which some vegetarians assume they are in some way morally superior to those of us who are not.
CailinRua
The High Coast
CailinRua is female  CailinRua has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-03-2016, 10:12 PM

Great point, Swim. I don't eat meat. That is my choice, my business. You eat meat. That is your choice, your business.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-03-2016, 10:36 PM

Originally Posted by CailinRua ->
Great point, Swim. I don't eat meat. That is my choice, my business. You eat meat. That is your choice, your business.
Hi

To each their own.

I refuse to eat either Kosher or Halal meat, I don't agree with the way it is slaughtered.

I eat vegetarian when I am abroad in certain countries.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-03-2016, 11:21 AM

The human body is an amazing thing, you only get out what you put in, and everything you eat is broken down and all the valuable stuff is recovered and put to good use. That's why the greater the variety the more Vitamins, Minerals, Proteins, Carbohydrates and Fats your body can extract.

As far as I'm concerned nothing edible is forbidden. I don't like to see animals cruelly treated or factory reared, but I've been given this body to look after while here on earth, without it, I can not survive here. So I will do my best to give it all of the nutrients it needs for efficient use. My diet is not, and will not, be based on any Religious or Moral grounds.

Just a point of interest though: A tribe of American Indians believe that to eat an animal is the ultimate respect you can pay the animal, and by eating it, you gain it's strength and it will live on in you......Fantastic.....

Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top