Join for free
Page 4 of 9 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-10-2019, 09:19 AM

Re: A final say

I am not a fan of polls but the latest by ComRes poll of 26,000 people shows that the majority of those polled want the referendum result delivered (regardless of how they voted), with Leave outpolling Remain by 54% to 46%.

Another referendum would be a time-wasting exercise prolonging the uncertainty and it would be impossible for a question to be posed that was considered fair to all.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-10-2019, 09:34 AM

I have been following the twists and turns in the latest EU negotiations by reading the messages sent between the various EU correspondents and those who report here in the UK. It is really interesting.

A deal is very close, the hold up now is the DUP .
I would love to see a deal signed off and passed in Parliament not least to wipe the smile of a few faces I could mention...
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-10-2019, 09:43 AM

https://news.sky.com/story/nigel-far...-days-11836145
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-10-2019, 12:22 PM

I must agree with Meg on the so called final say issue?
We are being pressured into accepting another referendum by
the remain establishment including the Tory party, they favor this
option as it poses no threat to the traditional political set up, as it
will not be possible to remove them from the equation by this
method? ONLY another GE has the potential to? do this by
installing a completely new party with a subsrantial majority into
the westminster buildings!
That almost the entirety of the inhabitants of those buildings dont
favor a general election speaks volumes about their fears ot the

electorate really having a say imo??
Regards Donkeyman!
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-10-2019, 01:02 PM

The only purpose of a second referendum is to overturn the result of the first one. Thats why we never hear "repeat the referendum with the same question".

If you want to see the evidence of this, just look at what happened in Denmark and Ireland - both had second referendums and both had the original decision overturned by asking different questions etc.

Every time I hear of any Brexit developments on the news now, I automatically wonder what it means in terms of reversing the will of the people, betraying our decision and trying to pull the wool over our eyes.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-10-2019, 01:04 PM

Hi

They can have as many as they want, my vote will stay the same.

Out we go.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-10-2019, 01:13 PM

Originally Posted by realist ->
it's nothing of the sort.

It's simply a corrupt establishment determined to ignore the democratic vote of the people. An establishment using every trick in the book to try and subvert pure democracy, even using and abusing the supreme court.

It's a travesty on any analysis and it needs to be put right.

We must leave the eu as fast as humanly possible.

Undemocratic remainers should not be permitted to subvert democracy any more than government.

If you want to see a real demonstration and a real view of anger just wait and see what happens if brexit is denied.

The chaos that will ensue will be far worse than the pathetic drivel of project fear spouted by remainers. Cities will be trashed, shops will burn, anyone foolish enough to publicly pronounce themselves as remainers will likely become targets of assaults and so on.

All this undemocratic nonsense must be stopped once and for all. We are either a democratic country or we are not. If you seriously want to wrest our democracy from us in favour of rule by dictatorship of a bunch of unelected unaccountable eu bureaucratic megalomaniacs then best get yourselves prepared for a fight imho. That's a declaration of war by any other name and citizens imho have every right to stand up and defend themselves and their country from all usurpers and tyrants.

What remainers must get into their heads is that they actually had a vote in the first place in the form of the referendum.

That ability to vote is sovereign and sacred ground. You will lose that privilege if we stay in the eu. You won't be able to vote for any uk political party, your vote will effectively be gone forever.

No deal is the only way we actually get to leave.

We must get it done
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-10-2019, 01:16 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
No Moscow we cannot do that .
One thing that makes Britain still Great is our democracy and the right of free speech .
We can not deny people this , if we do we decend to the level of any tyrannical dictatorship.
Are you saying that we still have democracy?
Are you saying that we still have free speech?
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

16-10-2019, 01:17 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
The referendum was too close .
Millions wanted to remain .
Even more millions wanted to leave.

Isn't that democracy?

Some people just talk out of their backsides, don't they?
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

16-10-2019, 01:20 PM

Nigel can see what's coming.

Our trust was put in Boris. I think he's about to fail us.

Brexit Party for me at the next GE, just as I promised months ago.

Page 4 of 9 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top