Join for free
Page 4 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5 >
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-06-2017, 11:07 PM

Re: 20 minutes until my appointment

Originally Posted by Rachel ->
You are joking?

No injection in your gum at the Dentist ?
How do they numb the pain?

Rachel, I've never had an injection if me life at the dentist.

They always offer it, but I'm too scared to have it.
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK
Rachel is female  Rachel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-06-2017, 11:20 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->

Goodness Mups

What happens if they need to drill or extract?

As tiny children we had GAS !!!
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-06-2017, 11:35 PM

If they drill, I can cope.

Never had an extraction, except many years ago I went in hospital to have my wisdom teeth out, but that was under anaesthetic.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-06-2017, 08:19 AM

Mups I am needle phobic too but I have to tell you needles have improved so much you hardly feel anything especially if the dentist rubs the numbing cream ( for children and wussies ) first.
Cass
NL
Cass is female  Cass has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-06-2017, 08:39 AM

Originally Posted by Rachel ->
You are joking?

No injection in your gum at the Dentist ?
How do they numb the pain?
For fillings? they dont.
If you really need it then for an extraction they will do it.

I had to have surgery to remove a tooth splinter from my jaw and I had one injection for that.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-06-2017, 10:26 AM

Originally Posted by Mups ->

Same with me except that I'm too tight to pay for it.

Having said that, I had to have injections when the dentist took one of my wisdom teeth out. Compared with the knitting needle sized syringes of yesteryear the injection was a doddle, and he numbed the gum first with some foul tasting spray. I guess dentistry has evolved from mere butchery.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-06-2017, 10:35 AM

What! A filling without an injection? That sounds barbaric and like third world dentistry!!
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-06-2017, 10:40 AM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
Same with me except that I'm too tight to pay for it.

Having said that, I had to have injections when the dentist took one of my wisdom teeth out. Compared with the knitting needle sized syringes of yesteryear the injection was a doddle, and he numbed the gum first with some foul tasting spray. I guess dentistry has evolved from mere butchery.
Judd, isn't the injection included in the price of your filling? I am with an NHS dentist and presumed the injection is included in the price. l don't think the price is any different for not having it?
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-06-2017, 10:56 AM

I couldn't say Art - I haven't had any fillings since going to my `new` dentist. I know it costs me around £18 for a cursory inspection and the inevitable clean - not bad for five minutes work.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK

10-06-2017, 11:23 AM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
I couldn't say Art - I haven't had any fillings since going to my `new` dentist. I know it costs me around £18 for a cursory inspection and the inevitable clean - not bad for five minutes work.
Judd, It sounds like you are an NHS patient. You want to hear the high prices other people on here pay for the inspection, clean and polish!!

Page 4 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top