Join for free
Page 4 of 6 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 >
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-07-2021, 07:09 PM

Re: ladyboys...

Originally Posted by Dextrous63 ->
And completely different when eg French and Saunders dress up as men, or even when females dress up as males in pantomines.
From Ladyboys to pantomimes? I thought we were talking transvestite acts. Would a panto be classified as such? What about the panto horse? Where does that fit?

There was an interesting radio topic on LBC yesterday. An British influencer who gender assigns as them/they non binary, has declared themselves identified as korean because of cosmetic surgery to make them/they korean looking. The debate was on whether you/they can assign a nationality to yourself/themselves by changing your/their looks.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-07-2021, 07:10 PM

Originally Posted by Harbal ->
I hardly think so, Annie. It's a grossly exaggerated gay ideal of femininity, I would say.
You don't have to be gay to dress up in ladies stuff.
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-07-2021, 10:16 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
From Ladyboys to pantomimes? I thought we were talking transvestite acts. Would a panto be classified as such? What about the panto horse? Where does that fit?
Who knows about the horse?

But you hit the nail on the head when you use the word "act".

It's a show, a spectacle, aimed at amusement and bedazzlement of glitz.

It's not meant to be a 5 hour Greek tragedy.
Harbal
South Yorkshire
Harbal is male  Harbal has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-07-2021, 10:42 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
You don't have to be gay to dress up in ladies stuff.
You have to be gay to think drag artists and the way they present themselves as women looks feminine or attractive.

That over the top style of the video example is not a straight man's idea of femininity.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-07-2021, 10:47 PM

It was Birds setting the agenda, a few years back, now its Blokes, with Birds consent, and a mishmash in the middle.
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-07-2021, 10:52 PM

You have to be gay to think drag artists and the way they present themselves as women looks feminine or attractive.

That over the top style of the video example is not a straight man's idea of femininity.
Exactly.

The majority of the audience is usually female from a cross section of age groups.

I really don't think they go in there with any preconceptions of the performers representing a gay perception of a heterosexual perception of a parody of femininity.

Really don't think it's that deep.
Harbal
South Yorkshire
Harbal is male  Harbal has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-07-2021, 11:29 PM

Exactly.

The majority of the audience is usually female from a cross section of age groups.

I really don't think they go in there with any preconceptions of the performers representing a gay perception of a heterosexual perception of a parody of femininity.

Really don't think it's that deep.
It seems to be just one particular mode of gay expression. The mode that likes to celebrate the coming through the mill of being treated badly by bad men and emerging even stronger than before. Dealing with whatever crap life throws at you and emerging triumphant. I don't know quite how a gigantic wig that no woman would dream of wearing and flamboyantly flinging the arms about is thought to be the best way of expressing it, but it seems to work for them.

Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK

01-07-2021, 11:33 PM

Good post Harbal. But let's not forget that not all drag artistes are gay.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom

01-07-2021, 11:33 PM

I meant drag artists aren't all gay at all. Some heterosexual men like to sniff knickers, others take it to the next level.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom

01-07-2021, 11:34 PM

Good post Harbal. But let's not forget that not all drag artistes are gay.
I see you read my mind a split second before I posted. Is this the covid vaccine chip working like it should?

Page 4 of 6 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top