Join for free
Page 4 of 13 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-11-2017, 03:39 PM

Re: Britain should accept immigrants for free trade deal, senior Indian diplomat warns

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
You surprise me Purwell .. I'd have thought you'd want all peanuts to go into our own Welfare state .. instead of into India's welfare.
You don't surprise me at all.
Just have to poke your nose in with no useful comments, try minding your own business.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-11-2017, 03:42 PM

Re: Britain should accept immigrants for free trade deal, senior Indian diplomat warns

Since when have you possessed the acumen or the authority to spot a useful comment.

Come on, own up .. you're really an inquisitive little hairy chimp who likes peanuts... eating them and throwing them from the gallery.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-11-2017, 03:48 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
Hello? Hang the aid budget which is going to wind everyone up. The point is that they are not saying they don't want a trade deal, they are saying it will take ten years(!) to negotiate.

Where does this leave us if all the countries we want a deal with take years to reach agreement?
In a sticky mess?
It is interesting to see just how long these negotiations are supposed to take. I don't just mean with India here. the whole shebang of 'exit' is becoming more like extricating from an octopus's sticky tentacles. Both at home and abroad.

It's almost like delaying tactics ... I can almost see another referendum coming in a few years. And the vote going the other way... to Remain.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-11-2017, 05:34 PM

Hi

Trade Deals take years, that is the nature of the beast.

First of all we have to agree the continuation of the Trade Deals we have with the rest of the World as part of the EU.

This is not going according to plan, as there have been complaints to the WTO already.

Australia is the latest country to kick off.

This is a list of all the Bilateral Trade Agreements in the WTO.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...reements#India

The only country in the WTO which trades without any Bilateral Agreements is Mauritania.

Liam Fox needs to get his finger out, it is not long before we leave.
Jude
Germany
Jude is female  Jude has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-11-2017, 05:39 PM

Remind me what was the plan?
Morticia
Chatterbox
England

25-11-2017, 05:52 PM

There was a plan?

I'll try again ..
There was no plan. Cameron never expected the result he got.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-11-2017, 07:43 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
You would think that our continuing Aid to India would guarantee our relationship. Obviously not, that's the thanks we get.
I suspect that one purpose of foreign aid is to keep other countries on our side.

Not just India, then. Offer our (very generous) foreign aid payments only to countries who would like to agree a free trade arrangement with us!
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-11-2017, 08:53 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
I suspect that one purpose of foreign aid is to keep other countries on our side.

Not just India, then. Offer our (very generous) foreign aid payments only to countries who would like to agree a free trade arrangement with us!
Hi

Our attitude has upset some of those we were relying on for Trade Deals.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-42121442

This is not an argument to remain, it is just stating a fact and that is that those in charge of Brexit, Liam Fox in particular, are not performing well.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-11-2017, 09:18 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->

Australia is the latest country to kick off.
Not just Australia but NZ, US and Canada. Easy to understand why. Then on the other side you have our farmers.

Why are we doing this again? To take back control was that it?
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-11-2017, 09:25 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
Not just Australia but NZ, US and Canada. Easy to understand why. Then on the other side you have our farmers.

Why are we doing this again? To take back control was that it?
No we are doing it because slightly over half of the electorate are bloody stupid.

Page 4 of 13 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top