Join for free
Page 4 of 16 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 14 > Last »
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-06-2017, 10:45 AM

Re: Where is the Prime Minister/

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
Except that over the last few years there have been huge cuts in emergency staff personnel due to swingeing cuts in their budgets. TM as Home Secretary has responsibility for this, so she is culpable!!!
Hi

I do not get your point at all UJ.

There is no suggestion at all that the Emergency Services were responsible for any deaths or injuries in this fire.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-06-2017, 10:47 AM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
No she is not culpable .
The emergency services were there in three minutes of it being reported it would not have made any difference they did all that they could.

Yes, the emergency services were there within minutes, but they could have been there in larger numbers and assisted even more people. However, Grenfell Tower is not the only emergency and the Fire Commissioner for London went on record yesterday and said exactly the same as I did,
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-06-2017, 10:48 AM

I don't believe that extra numbers don't always make things better there is only so much people can do in a terrible situation such as this .

Teresa May is visiting victims in hospital this morning.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-06-2017, 10:51 AM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

I do not get your point at all UJ.

There is no suggestion at all that the Emergency Services were responsible for any deaths or injuries in this fire.

No, I'm not blaming the emergency services, they do a magnificent job!!!, but TM as Home Secretary has responsibility, not only for the Police, but Fire and ambulance staff too, and as I pointed out above, she as Home Secretary has presided over swingeing cuts in fire and ambulance budgets as well as the Police, so yes she is culpable!!!
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK

16-06-2017, 10:52 AM

I don't believe that extra numbers don't always make things better there is only so much people can do in a terrible situation such as this .

Teresa May is visiting victims in hospital this morning.

Too little, and far, far too late!!!
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-06-2017, 10:52 AM

No she is not culpable .
The emergency services were there in three minutes of it being reported it would not have made any difference they did all that they could.
Three minute is truly amazing well done to them. They even beat the reporters to it.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-06-2017, 10:53 AM

A fireman has come on saying that this is a unique situation the entire huge building is structuely unsafe and they have to shore up the floors as they go in .This is so dangerous .
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-06-2017, 10:54 AM

Yes, the emergency services were there within minutes, but they could have been there in larger numbers and assisted even more people. However, Grenfell Tower is not the only emergency and the Fire Commissioner for London went on record yesterday and said exactly the same as I did,
Have you got a link to this?

I'm sure she'd have sent 500 if she'd had them but what would you do with the excess firefighters on any other day?

I watched an interview with her yesterday and she didn't mention numbers or any political statements.

Maybe another interview?
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-06-2017, 10:56 AM

You also have to take into account there are fewer fire personnel available to carry out inspections and provide advice. The front line are as good as they have always been but they are short of ancillary workers to carry out the routine work because of the bean counters.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-06-2017, 11:00 AM

Hi

Numbers would have made no difference at all in this instance.

There is a limit to how many you can get up and down one staircase.

Page 4 of 16 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 14 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top