Join for free
Page 4 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5 >
bakerman
Mexico
bakerman is male  bakerman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-05-2020, 12:49 AM

Re: Couple of questions re Repeat Prescriptions and Chemists

The average length of time it takes to get a Rx refill in the U.S. is 20 minutes.
I can't imagine what 7 days must be like
scot37
Aberdeenshire
scot37 is male  scot37 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-05-2020, 09:10 AM

I live in the north east of Scotland and my prescriptions are made up in Warrington. They come up in a sealed plastic bag and I pick them up at Lloyds. On the label it tells you when your next batch is ready to collect. In an earlier post I said every month but it is every 56 days the same as Artangel. During the present Covid 19 pandemic Lloyds only allow 2 customers in at any time and the rest have to queue outside.
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-05-2020, 11:27 AM

Noting what people have said, in this thread, about prescription ordering and collection, I've come to some conclusions, over the 10 years, or so, that I've been on warfarin, whereby my prescription could be varying depending on the INR blood tests.

Back in the day, the Chemist (Lloyds) would have a cosy relationship with the surgery & all of the dealings were done without much change for the user.

But, recently, two major things happened, firstly my surgery appointed it's own Pharmacist.

I presume, maybe wrongly, that that was because the surgery could then save money by working with other Chemists.

Whatever, but there did seem to be a little emnity between Chemist & Surgery very soon after.

Secondly, presumably because of the workload on Covid, my Doctor took me off Warfarin in favour of the "much more expensive" Eliquis apixaban - which meant no more INR blood tests (hurrah!) - with a massive reduction in the monthly need to set up appointments.

Right now, the relationship twixt surgery & Chemist seems a little more tricky, but it suits me fine.
There are some "they haven't, you haven't, we haven't, sessions" which are annoying.

About the online service - can't get mine to work properly yet, and can't be bothered with trying to sort it again and again and again.

Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-05-2020, 11:53 AM

I put my prescription in a few days before I need new pills & it's delivered to me by the pharmacy, sometimes the Doc is slow at signing it, even before lock down & panic sets in when I have a couple of days pills left & no new prescription, they are pretty bad at that, but not always.
I get 3 months supply at a time.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-05-2020, 12:04 PM

I have just put in another repeat prescription online, mine are now delivered by volunteers and the stated delivery day is Thursdays.

Last time the prescription was due it was a Tuesday and I was vacuuming the hall and saw something through the frosted glass on my doormat. It was my prescription which contained harmful drugs just left there .
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-05-2020, 12:31 PM

What a palava Pesta.....
I take a steady walk down to the surgery in the sunshine and give the nice receptionist my slip with my medication printed on it....Three items and a tick box against each.

I usually tick all three. They ask you to give the pharmacy 48 hours to prepare your prescription, which in my case is one months supply.....(Another monther)...I take the long route back home alongside the canal and past the little church at the end of the lane. (St Oswalds) About four miles round trip....

If I put the prescription in on a Monday it's usually ready by Wednesday, in which case I repeat the walk in the opposite direction.....I think the walk is doing me more good that the tablets...
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-05-2020, 04:02 PM

I'm a 3 "monther". I order my repeat prescriptions on-line via EMIS Patient Access no more than 7days before my meds run out. If I order, say, at 8days my request is refused and I have to reorder. I collect my meds from the local pharmacy about 4 or 5 days later.
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-05-2020, 10:04 PM

Originally Posted by bakerman ->
The average length of time it takes to get a Rx refill in the U.S. is 20 minutes.
I can't imagine what 7 days must be like
Gosh bakerman, 20 minutes!? Wow. Mind you, we have the 'free' NHS here, over there don't you pay for health treatment? If so, that's probably why you get such good service

Originally Posted by scot37 ->
I live in the north east of Scotland and my prescriptions are made up in Warrington. They come up in a sealed plastic bag and I pick them up at Lloyds. On the label it tells you when your next batch is ready to collect. In an earlier post I said every month but it is every 56 days the same as Artangel. During the present Covid 19 pandemic Lloyds only allow 2 customers in at any time and the rest have to queue outside.
Scot! You nudged a memory I'd forgotten all about - and it only happened Feb this year.

When I ordered my last meds in Feb the pharmacist said they would be coming from Warrington. I never thought to ask why. It worried me, so when I got home I Googled.
It turned out it was actually Runcorn, which is only up the road anyway to Warrington.

Seems it's all down to 'Hub and Spoke'... in other words it's all outsourced to robots who do it all - supposedly leaving the pharmacist to do other things (apparently):

There's quite a few articles on it. Can't understand why I forgot

If anyone is interested here ya go:

https://www.pharmacymagazine.co.uk/i...r-for-pharmacy

https://www.chemistanddruggist.co.uk...450-pharmacies

https://www.independentpharmacist.co.uk/hub-and-spooked

Oh and thank you everyone for your replies.

I wish I could get to the bottom of why there is this disparity in the '1, 2, or 3 months though - I mean a prescription is a 'repeat' for a reason, it means the person needs 'ongoing' medication.

Anyway, I'll shurrup now
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-05-2020, 12:24 PM

Originally Posted by scot37 ->
Scot, l have never received my repeat medication in a plastic bag, until this last week when l picked my repeat medication up. It usually just comes in a Lloyds paper bag.
I wonder if, this time, the prescription was made up somewhere else?

Yes, l had to stand outside until one of the two customers in the shop came out!
bakerman
Mexico
bakerman is male  bakerman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-05-2020, 01:17 PM

Originally Posted by Pesta ->
Gosh bakerman, 20 minutes!? Wow. Mind you, we have the 'free' NHS here, over there don't you pay for health treatment? If so, that's probably why you get such good service
No, I do not have to pay to get my meds at the pharmacy. I just walk into the pharmacy, without any appointment, and wait on queue perhaps 10 minutes to order my meds. Then the pharmacist tells me when I can pick them up, usually 20 minutes. Sometimes if he/she is extra busy it might take as much as an hour. No problem, I merely shop for groceries in the same store.
Nor do I have to pay a penny to see my doctor or any hospitalization. Last year I had my gall bladder removed and I didn't have pay a penny. Mind you, people with a much higher income do have to pay.
(My pharmacy is located inside Target which sells groceries, clothing, TV's, electronics, sporting goods, DVD movies etc etc)

Page 4 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top