Join for free
Page 4 of 15 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 14 > Last »
anniemuldoon
N Cumbria
anniemuldoon is female  anniemuldoon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-01-2012, 07:28 PM

Re: Spring Flowers

Oh its so pretty and heartening when the first bulbs come up and flower, and the days are a tiny bit longer.
maryl
UK
maryl is female  maryl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-01-2012, 07:35 PM

Everytime I pop out of the back door I see the crocuses and it delights me! The back garden's huge but this long side bit gets the most sun and is where I let the grandchildren have their own little garden plots, one of them planted these bulbs along with loads of daffs. Not planted properly mind you, haphazardly which will look pretty soon. Not long to Spring
marpaul
North Cumbria
marpaul is female  marpaul has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-01-2012, 07:45 PM

Yes I know what you mean, I'm the same with the snowdrops. Last year they were out in the snow! That's great that your grandchildren planted the crocuses, I'll bet they love looking at them as well. I've got one crocus in the garden which I think may be something to do with the birds.

Hey Annie have you got any spring bulbs in your garden?
anniemuldoon
N Cumbria
anniemuldoon is female  anniemuldoon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-01-2012, 07:58 PM

I did have a bowl of snowdrops but cant find them now, Joe must have been tidying up !Our garden looks like a gravel pit, we put the small stones down to save the work and we have tubs and Hostas in pots, it sounds awful as so much died last year but its quite nice, we bought a Dutch Arbour and that is handy as it takes up a lot of room a Gothic Arch in the centre and anL shape made from two panels with a Buddha in the middle.Sorry bit long wined!.
Bob.b
Nottingham UK
Bob.b is male  Bob.b has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2012, 07:42 PM

Looks like we are going to have a mild Winter after all so all the Spring flowering shoots that are well on the way at present will soon be out in their glory and I can't wait to see my gardens bursting into colour once again although I must admit that my Polyanthus plants are certainly a riot of colour and a pleasure to look at on these grey mornings. Happy gardening folks!
anniemuldoon
N Cumbria

23-01-2012, 08:16 PM

Glad about your Polyanthus Bob, mine were drowned with all the rain we have had. But at least fingers crossed we havent had any snow.
marpaul
North Cumbria
marpaul is female  marpaul has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2012, 12:13 AM

Originally Posted by anniemuldoon ->
I did have a bowl of snowdrops but cant find them now, Joe must have been tidying up !Our garden looks like a gravel pit, we put the small stones down to save the work and we have tubs and Hostas in pots, it sounds awful as so much died last year but its quite nice, we bought a Dutch Arbour and that is handy as it takes up a lot of room a Gothic Arch in the centre and anL shape made from two panels with a Buddha in the middle.Sorry bit long wined!.
That sounds lovely Annie, shame you cant find the snowdrops though and also that you lost a lot of plants last year! I've got a couple of Hostas in pots which were already here when I moved and I keep meaning to put them in the garden somewhere.
marpaul
North Cumbria

24-01-2012, 12:15 AM

Originally Posted by Bob.b ->
Looks like we are going to have a mild Winter after all so all the Spring flowering shoots that are well on the way at present will soon be out in their glory and I can't wait to see my gardens bursting into colour once again although I must admit that my Polyanthus plants are certainly a riot of colour and a pleasure to look at on these grey mornings. Happy gardening folks!
Ooh don't speak too soon Bob as we can still get bad weather in February and March!! We've got snow forcast for tomorrow
Bob.b
Nottingham UK
Bob.b is male  Bob.b has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2012, 07:42 PM

Do me a favour marpaul, if you have indeed had snow in your locality, then please keep it!
Yes indeed, February can be a very unpredictable month but I will keep my fingers crossed anyway, cheers!
marpaul
North Cumbria

24-01-2012, 07:54 PM

Nah didn't get any snow, its just on the fell tops, we got the rain instead!

Page 4 of 15 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 14 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top