Join for free
Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4
AutumnColour
Chatterbox
Trent Hills, Ontario
AutumnColour is female  AutumnColour has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-06-2014, 12:05 AM

Re: Reasons to post.

Originally Posted by sugarbug ->
Its an escape for me ....from the real world .....
I do it for entertainment as well as knowledge in understanding other folks wits , cultures, morals and humours ...
Same here, must be a Canadian thing
AutumnColour
Chatterbox
Trent Hills, Ontario
AutumnColour is female  AutumnColour has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-06-2014, 12:12 AM

[QUOTE=Butterfly2013;488831]I post because I like exchanging opinions on different subjects and you do make friends in the process, ok sometimes enemies too LOL For me, it is also a passtime, and addictive one at that !

Why do others post ? Most for same reasons as me, some because they are housebound and this is a way to keep in contact with other people, some post with the sole purpose to aggravate others (yes, this too is a passtime) and some post to show-off and to get attention "Look how nasty I can be or look how funny I can be". Mind you, both types can and do aggravate me, being too nasty or trying to be too funny, can be a turn-off.

Ohh and the ones that post to want others to think "Look how sweet that person is" Over-sweetness, means it is not so true lol To me there is nothing worst then a poster that tries to hard too be "popular" whether by being too sweet or by trying to be funny. But hey, that is maybe their reason for posting LOL

Some prefer to just post on certain topics while others will post all over the board, again, for some it is a way to get attention.

All in all it takes all kinds of posters, or else there would be no sites lol[/QUOTE

I think you've pretty well covered everybody, gulp.
lovemyboys
Chatterbox
Canada
lovemyboys is female  lovemyboys has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-06-2014, 12:28 AM

Originally Posted by Butterfly2013 ->
...Most for same reasons as me, some because they are housebound and this is a way to keep in contact with other people...
That's me mostly. Have a bit of mobility some days. But can no longer drive, and live in the boonies. So I'm property bound!

Originally Posted by Butterfly2013 ->
Ohh and the ones that post to want others to think "Look how sweet that person is" Over-sweetness, means it is not so true lol ...
I've been told many a time by others (nobody on here) I'm a sweet person. How do you define over-sweet?
Butterfly2013
Canada
Butterfly2013 is female  Butterfly2013 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-06-2014, 01:56 AM

Hi lovemyboys, I am a sweet person too, but I don't overdo it lol For me a poster who is too sweet is someone who is trying too much to be popular. You know a member who we can feel the honey run down his/her spine ? LOL ...Too much is too much lol
lovemyboys
Chatterbox
Canada
lovemyboys is female  lovemyboys has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-06-2014, 04:03 AM

I've been on forums since 2005, and I've come across all types, but never anybody I thought of as over-sweet. So I was kind of curious what was meant by that.
When I first met my best friend, I thought she was loud. Turned out she was only like that when she was very nervous. Otherwise, she was the sweetest, funniest person I was lucky enough to know. Sadly, cancer took her life 2 years ago. I miss my loud friend!
So I still try and take people as they are, as some people can express themselves better than others, and some may come across as attention getters, etc., when in reality they are lonely, etc. etc.
The one thing I have learned is to zipper the kisser when something irks me. I'm here to have a good time, to get a laugh, etc.
There's enough of the other crap in the real world.
Annabelle
Tasmania Australia
Annabelle is female 

28-06-2014, 07:12 AM

Originally Posted by AudreyII ->
Conversation, curiosity, boredom, cured by a stimulating argument.. er.. um....discussion.. all of the above.

couldn't have said it better myself - I'm not wishing to make super close lifetime friends, although I have made a couple of nice 'contract' friends - just a chat and getting to know about other peoples customs and just their every day things they do.

PS Never in my wildest dreams have I been called sweet, except by Boozercruiser, and he was hallucinating at the time!

Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top