Join for free
Page 4 of 6 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 >
dinahsmum
SW England
dinahsmum is female  dinahsmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-09-2011, 07:25 PM

Re: A drink a day is good for older women ..

And I'll clink with you, DM
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-09-2011, 07:36 PM

Cheers, DM!
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-09-2011, 08:02 PM

Well and good to those who dont like to take a drink, I too raise my glass to them, but I have learned from experience that the late starters are the worst, they go at it as if they wanted to make up for all the years without it, my Brother in law was one, he started in his late 40's and died from alcohol related disease in his late 50's, so if you've managed to keep off it 'till now, stay off it. Sorry for throwing a spanner in the works.
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-09-2011, 08:12 PM

Moderation. I learned to drink at home, my parents believed that it was better to learn at home what your limits were than out unsupervised with possibly irresponsible friends. So I did, and can say truthfully that I do know my limits and have rarely gotten really sozzled or had a terrible hangover. Oh I have, but not too much, and knowingly.

Anyone have a story about the first time they got really really tiddly?

Or should that be a new thread?
jennywren
South West, UK
jennywren is female  jennywren has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-09-2011, 08:27 PM

Cheers, cheers & cheers to all!
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-09-2011, 09:48 PM

Yes Eileen, but we'll do our own moderating. I'm sitting here with a pint of draught Guinness (from a draught can), all the port is gone, must get some more tomorrow.
My Family always let us have a drop of sherry or a sup of stout when we were younger and no one made a big deal of it, it tasted horrible anyway but drink was never taboo in most Irish homes, it was just a part of life, you worked hard and if you fancied a drink afterwards good for you as long as you could get up for work the next morning everything was fine, we all grew up with that.
I do have a story about the first time I got sloshed, but I'm telling nobody...far too embarrassing
Cheers to you too Jennywren!
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA

16-09-2011, 10:17 PM

Awww,is it really that bad, Jem?

I'll tell if you will! It's water under the bridge now, many many years ago and I can laugh at myself for being so stupid ...... I was 21 or 22.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin

16-09-2011, 10:38 PM

Wild horses couldn't drag this out of me, it's not that it's bad, it's just soooo embarrassing and such a stupid thing to do that I would never live it down, this was a very long time ago too Eileen, sorry but not on your Nelly. I'm sure there are far more interesting tales to be told by the braver members, whoever they are going to be.
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA

16-09-2011, 10:41 PM

I understand, sorry, didn't mean to be pushy! Friends?
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-09-2011, 10:43 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
What, first thing in the morning, Meg?
no no Mags I must have missed the bit about mornings I would never get anything done for the rest of the day

Page 4 of 6 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top