Join for free
Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4
Jonno
New Member!
Suffolk uk
Jonno is male 

18-03-2014, 09:31 AM

Re: Motor Neurone Disease

Hi Cate. I work as a volunteer in our local hospice.Now I know the word "hospice" conjures up terrible fear, but I find them places of much joy, compassion , and full of life, where people learn how to live as opposed to dying. I have cared for a number of people with M.N.D and although it is an awful ailment they still know how to laugh and love. A hospice offers support for the patient and for his loved one. They also provide a host of therapies and activities which can enhance life. I run a men's support group which includes one man with M.N.D and the joy he gets from life is truly inspiring. On a personal note, my wife has advanced M.S and we have found that it has deepened our love for each other. Hope this happens for you both. Also don't forget that you yourself need help. Love Jonno
Cookiecate
Chatterbox
Blackpool
Cookiecate is female  Cookiecate has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-03-2014, 01:34 PM

Much more positive today, have arranged for a lady from MND association to visit and he has a social worker who will look after his social and health equipment needs. He has to go to the doctor tomorrow for a blood test as the medication he takes can be harmful to the liver. Taking one day at a time.
Cookiecate
Chatterbox
Blackpool
Cookiecate is female  Cookiecate has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-03-2014, 01:41 PM

Originally Posted by Jonno ->
Hi Cate. I work as a volunteer in our local hospice.Now I know the word "hospice" conjures up terrible fear, but I find them places of much joy, compassion , and full of life, where people learn how to live as opposed to dying. I have cared for a number of people with M.N.D and although it is an awful ailment they still know how to laugh and love. A hospice offers support for the patient and for his loved one. They also provide a host of therapies and activities which can enhance life. I run a men's support group which includes one man with M.N.D and the joy he gets from life is truly inspiring. On a personal note, my wife has advanced M.S and we have found that it has deepened our love for each other. Hope this happens for you both. Also don't forget that you yourself need help. Love Jonno
The lady from the MND association did mention something about the Hospice and as you say it does conjure up a place we don't want to go to yet. However, I might contact them myself to see if there is a support group as I want Keith to feel that I am not the only person in his life, he needs to be able to vent and even cry, I may not be the person who can deal with that. We do love each other very much and that is of course a blessing. I am aware that MS is just as horrifying as MND at the moment Keith just feels that it is just not fair, and why him? I think this will pass.

Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top