Join for free
Page 4 of 7 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2012, 10:30 PM

Re: What Are Your Earliest Memories and How Old Were You?

I aways longed for a dog Bonny, but I didn't have one until I was older and independent. Nearest I came to having a dog as a child was when I bought an Irish Setter x Cocker Spaniel pup "on tick" from a neighbour. I only kept it overnight and it slept in a box by my bed. Next day my mum made me take it back. She was so angry that I had obtained it on HP. It cost £1 and I put down 2/- (shillings) and promised to pay my pocket money each week. I'll never forget how upset I was.
Bonny
UK
Bonny is female  Bonny has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2012, 10:47 PM

Originally Posted by Aerolor ->
I aways longed for a dog Bonny, but I didn't have one until I was older and independent. Nearest I came to having a dog as a child was when I bought an Irish Setter x Cocker Spaniel pup "on tick" from a neighbour. I only kept it overnight and it slept in a box by my bed. Next day my mum made me take it back. She was so angry that I had obtained it on HP. It cost £1 and I put down 2/- (shillings) and promised to pay my pocket money each week. I'll never forget how upset I was.
Blimey Aerolor I have never heard of buying a dog on tick...but bless what a lovely thought to give up your pocket money.Oh I bet you broke your heart over it indeed.
suey
Shropshire
suey is female  suey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2012, 11:12 PM

One of my earliest memories was of my Nan dying I was 5 when she died I remember her hugging me and crying oh my babby I lived with her and my Grandad till she died as dad was in the forces and somehow Nan took me over I can't really remember anything else about her I can picture her doing the washing on a Monday in a large shed she had across the yard and I know I had/have a great love for her....
Bonny
UK
Bonny is female  Bonny has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2012, 11:36 PM

Originally Posted by suey ->
One of my earliest memories was of my Nan dying I was 5 when she died I remember her hugging me and crying oh my babby I lived with her and my Grandad till she died as dad was in the forces and somehow Nan took me over I can't really remember anything else about her I can picture her doing the washing on a Monday in a large shed she had across the yard and I know I had/have a great love for her....
My Gran also brought me up from the age of 6 as my Mother had to work as I had no Father.I didn't get the love from her that you obviously got from yours and how good it must have been to have such a love between you Suey.Im sure she is looking down on you so proud and its obvious from your Post there is still that strong bond.
Kitty
London
Kitty is female  Kitty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2012, 12:25 AM

sitting by a lake in a yellow and purple flower dress that my gran made me feeding the ducks, and my dad was taking a picture of me.

I love the dress and i had new white shoes on, not sure why i remember it so well, i think i was about 3.
Bonny
UK

20-01-2012, 12:40 AM

Originally Posted by Kitty ->
sitting by a lake in a yellow and purple flower dress that my gran made me feeding the ducks, and my dad was taking a picture of me.

I love the dress and i had new white shoes on, not sure why i remember it so well, i think i was about 3.
Guess you remember it Kitty as it holds such a wonderful memory for you even at that early age.
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire
Mollie is female  Mollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2012, 12:58 AM

Another long ago memory I have is when I was three. Mum was a very busy lady working in our shop and in the cotton mill as well, and she got our local nursery to take me in during the afternoon. We all had to wear a pinny and each one had an embroidered logo on the top left bib and mine was a swan.

Twelve months later, my brother joined us and his pinny's logo was a cake.

We could play, draw, sit in the sand pit for what seemed like ages but was probably about half an hour, then they put us on these canvas hammock-type cots to go to sleep.

We didn't want to go to sleep. We wanted to play!
Kitty
London
Kitty is female  Kitty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2012, 01:05 AM

Originally Posted by Bonny ->
Guess you remember it Kitty as it holds such a wonderful memory for you even at that early age.
yes it holds a special memory i wish i knew why,i have other flashes before this time but it not nice
Bonny
UK

20-01-2012, 01:51 AM

Originally Posted by Kitty ->
yes it holds a special memory i wish i knew why,i have other flashes before this time but it not nice
Forget them Kitty if they bring you down. I know to well thats not easy but your lucky as you do have some good memories and they are the one's to think about.I have none and thats sad and try to remember the later years when my life changed so much in many ways.I think about who I have met in my life and that always makes me smile and the one's that wern't so nice ...well they just don't exist.I don't forgive very easily im afraid and im not proud of that.
anna
Norway
anna is female  anna has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2012, 01:56 AM

I think my first memory is when I am around 3 years old. My mother was working as a housemaid cum farmhand and I can still remember passing the dirty farmyard in my yellow pyjama to get to my mother who was milking the cows (no milking-machines in those days).

Page 4 of 7 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top